Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Dealer raw hiding in my CAR !?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ExHondaMan
I dunno... I work at a dealer (mercedes) and I definitly drive customers cars pretty hard... Of course only when its NECESSARY to drive them... I dont just take joy rides.... and certainly not around the parking lot.
Agreed, abusing customer cars is one of the "perks"! - please dont take that away from US!!
We dont make enough $$ to drive a car like yours....

LOL/jk
Wop
Old 01-22-2006, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a problem like yours.. Except I never got to find out who drove it.. Got the car back, alignment was messed, front bumper was cracked, headlight cracked.. And when I asked to speak to who drove it, they just said that 3 people drove the car. They would not let me speak to any of them. They tried telling me someone might have hit it in the parking lot. LOL. Alignment wont be off from a little hit in the parking lot. I pretty much laughed in their face when they told me that.

That is all. To this day I would still love to have a "word" with whoever drove the car. I have cooled down since then. But someone still messed up my car. Which isnt even fixed yet...

Oh yah.. THey also told me the car never left the parking lot.. Yet it had 3 km's on it. Doesnt sound like much.. But when they tell u it doesnt leave the parking lot. 3 K is ALOT.

Always keep an eye out on your K before you go.. Comes in handy.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:15 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by EuteR
I had a problem like yours.. Except I never got to find out who drove it.. Got the car back, alignment was messed, front bumper was cracked, headlight cracked.. And when I asked to speak to who drove it, they just said that 3 people drove the car. They would not let me speak to any of them. They tried telling me someone might have hit it in the parking lot. LOL. Alignment wont be off from a little hit in the parking lot. I pretty much laughed in their face when they told me that.

That is all. To this day I would still love to have a "word" with whoever drove the car. I have cooled down since then. But someone still messed up my car. Which isnt even fixed yet...

Oh yah.. THey also told me the car never left the parking lot.. Yet it had 3 km's on it. Doesnt sound like much.. But when they tell u it doesnt leave the parking lot. 3 K is ALOT.

Always keep an eye out on your K before you go.. Comes in handy.
Did they fix the cracks thet *appeared* while it was in their care?
Old 01-22-2006, 06:19 PM

i know for a fact my dealer will get on it in my car. I know some guys that work up there. and i told them i boguth the Arrival Blue Cobalt SS at there dealership. and they started laughing. said they played around in it a little bit.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:20 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by JCswoosher2
i know for a fact my dealer will get on it in my car. I know some guys that work up there. and i told them i boguth the Arrival Blue Cobalt SS at there dealership. and they started laughing. said they played around in it a little bit.
Need spy cameras
Old 01-22-2006, 06:20 PM

Not yet. I have to get a new front bumper. And the headlight is finally in. I am just really skeptical about taking it there now. The new bumper will come in summer.. As we all agreed that I miase well wait for winter to be over so the sand can sandblast this bumper and paint.. And ill get a new one come summer.. Was not a happy camper.. Repainted stuff on a new car does not sit well with me.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:22 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by EuteR
Not yet. I have to get a new front bumper. And the headlight is finally in. I am just really skeptical about taking it there now. The new bumper will come in summer.. As we all agreed that I miase well wait for winter to be over so the sand can sandblast this bumper and paint.. And ill get a new one come summer.. Was not a happy camper.. Repainted stuff on a new car does not sit well with me.
My hood had to be repainted twice, factory defect, then a rock hit the new paint when they drove it back from the bodyshop so it needed to be painted a second time.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:27 PM

im so mad im gonna go write a letter.

the best way to get things done, get the name of the GM, set up a time to meet with him or just call and complain to hell, if he works at the dealer just go unannouced...

if it were me, i wouldnt have left till something was done about it
Old 01-22-2006, 08:32 PM
The Stig

In my experience, meeting face to face with someone will get the most done.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:49 PM

this car was totaled from a similar situation

Old 01-22-2006, 11:16 PM

well wheres the after pics....
Old 01-23-2006, 10:54 AM

here ya go...

Old 01-23-2006, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by GSoccer24
here ya go...

I definitely need the story behind that. thats brutal.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:22 AM

the owner let our club's detailer take it to be detailed. he tried to race one of our friends in a 1.8T with no mods (the STi has 370whp and 420lb/ft to the ground so i dunno why they did). he stalled the STi at the line, started it and tried to play catch up and pass on the outside of a corner doing about 75. STi started to slide and he corrected it just as the AWD system did so it kicked back and forth, then bounded over 4 people's driveways and finally got the underside cleaned out by a curb that stands about 10 inches tall.

oil pan was flattened, engine was against the firewall, and the front diff broke. the headers were ripped of the block with such force that the bolts didn't snap but rather took chunks of the block off. the intercooler piping dented the intake port of the turbo and bent the 5.5 inch downpipe. the passenger front strut bent in about 4 inches and the rim dented so hard you can stick your finger in under the bead of the tire. the amplifier and the capacitor that were float mounted in the trunk snapped their mounts as well.

the driver tore ligaments in his ankle from the impact, and his brother who was riding with him bit a piece of his tongue off, and his seatbelt mechanism snapped off inside the B pillar.

now, it's a $60,000 paperweight.

moral of this whole thread...don't let anyone drive your car unless there is you're there or you're in the car with them.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:26 AM

that sux!!
Old 01-24-2006, 02:26 AM

Just had a simmilar problem as you today. they went out joyriding in my LS (stop laughing, its modded).
i took it in for an oil change and ended up falling asleep in the lounge (30 hours of school plus 45 plus hours of work a week). woke up an hour or so later and asked if my car was ready and they told me that it was still on the hoist. from the service desk to the shop is a clean view and i didnt see a black cobalt. when i finally realized that it really wasnt there, i started flipping out baaaad, they actually called the cops for me....
anyways, when my car finally came back i literally threw the little east indian guy out of my car before he could even take it out of gear muttered some rather stupid comments that got me a couple hours of 'cool off' time at the local pigpen.
its times like now i am glad i live in Canada, i would probably be doing 2-3 yrs if this happened in the US.
Oh and yes i will be suing, no letters, no calls,....lawsuit
Old 01-24-2006, 02:42 AM
Premium Member

You're a baaaaaaaaddd man! ...very bad!
No soup for you!

WOT
Old 01-24-2006, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by GSoccer24
the owner let our club's detailer take it to be detailed. he tried to race one of our friends in a 1.8T with no mods (the STi has 370whp and 420lb/ft to the ground so i dunno why they did). he stalled the STi at the line, started it and tried to play catch up and pass on the outside of a corner doing about 75. STi started to slide and he corrected it just as the AWD system did so it kicked back and forth, then bounded over 4 people's driveways and finally got the underside cleaned out by a curb that stands about 10 inches tall.

oil pan was flattened, engine was against the firewall, and the front diff broke. the headers were ripped of the block with such force that the bolts didn't snap but rather took chunks of the block off. the intercooler piping dented the intake port of the turbo and bent the 5.5 inch downpipe. the passenger front strut bent in about 4 inches and the rim dented so hard you can stick your finger in under the bead of the tire. the amplifier and the capacitor that were float mounted in the trunk snapped their mounts as well.

the driver tore ligaments in his ankle from the impact, and his brother who was riding with him bit a piece of his tongue off, and his seatbelt mechanism snapped off inside the B pillar.

now, it's a $60,000 paperweight.

moral of this whole thread...don't let anyone drive your car unless there is you're there or you're in the car with them.
Dude bit part of his tongue off!!! Good! ****** deserved it!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by DJNateGnau
Dude bit part of his tongue off!!! Good! ****** deserved it!
Dude, that's horrible of you to say that.

(I agree, shh.)
Old 01-24-2006, 03:52 AM

(lol, yeah, keep it on the downlow.)
Old 01-24-2006, 09:33 AM

I take my car to one dealer and one dealer only. I bought my Cavalier from them and have had an AWESOME relationship with them ever since. They're a very small dealership, very low volume on sales so the majority of their profits come from service and parts. I know the service manager personally. They've let a tech take the car off the lot ONE time when I was having brake problems and no one has EVER driven one of my cars unsupervised - they always at least let me ride along, if not drive. I've moved since I first started going there so it's not a 20 minute drive anymore, but I'm MORE than willing to drive the hour plus to get there because I know people won't be joyriding in my car. They won't even pull my car out of the service area, they'll bring it to the door and hand me the keys to park it myself. They KNOW how **** I am about my car and people driving it.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:39 AM

We only have one chevy dealer here in the capital city of New Mexico so i really have little choice. My family has bought 3 cars from then in the last two years which isn't a ton but we always go through them. Like a sign i once saw said "It takes years to gain a customer, but it only takes seconds to lose them." I might have to start driving to Alb. which is an hour away to get service done. I'm going to go in and talk to the general manager today see what i can do.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:54 AM
360 L337 User

yeah, i would talk to the big guys and tell them you are going to get a lawyer involved. and that if any damage occurs down the road you feel it was that guys fault since you baby your car and would never drive it like that. then maybe you can get a million mile bumper to bumper warrenty or a 2006 free of charge in trade.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by R33P3R007
yeah, i would talk to the big guys and tell them you are going to get a lawyer involved. and that if any damage occurs down the road you feel it was that guys fault since you baby your car and would never drive it like that. then maybe you can get a million mile bumper to bumper warrenty or a 2006 free of charge in trade.

The only thing that wouldn't work with that is that I Auto-X my car and the tires look like ****. The look all spongy on the outside and I have very little tread left, but I am sure I can get something out of it, we'll see what happens today.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:11 AM

YUP, just find him and beat his ass! That stuff isn't cool!

Quick Reply: Dealer raw hiding in my CAR !?!?!