Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

dealership EFFED my clutch...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Force
What is raising hell going to do? Yelling and making a scene makes you look like a child and hurts your case rather than helping it. Rational, intelligent individuals (i.e. the type of person who will HELP you) respond well to others who act maturely. You think I'd go out of my way to help someone throwing a tantrum?
rofl i remember a dood at the dealership i worked for a few years ago, came in with his impala and was "raising hell" yelling at the service adviser who after awhile got fed up and got the service manager our there, lol the dood yells at the service manager and swears at him, lol 1st swear word and the manager walked away, he was going to fix the doods problem too lol, the guy complained about the weather seal being worn in one spot where his fat lazy old ass has obviously been rubbing against ALOT getting in and out, in the end the manager said GTFO and refused to work on his car anymore..........lol "raising hell" sure does alot huh?

Originally Posted by BumbleBee
HAHA, yelling does a **** load.

When I bought my car, little things needed to be done that should have been done. Lucky my dad was with me and he just started going off on them about how some **** should be done when they are selling a car.

So I got a FREE extended warrenty and discount on my stage 2 install/kit. You don't want pissed costumers.
lol thats sales, they will bend over and take it up the ass just to sell a car these days

Last edited by 1WhiteSSTC; 03-12-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-12-2009, 09:09 PM

that ******* sucks, i sit there and watch them do it when i take it in for an oil change and what not
Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by R3AP3R
that ******* sucks, i sit there and watch them do it when i take it in for an oil change and what not
the joys of having friends still at the dealership in service where i worked in the past, i can go into the shop at any point i want but the same few guys always work on my car and i trust them with it
Old 03-12-2009, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the dealer do some major stuff wrong & got it all fixed....plus a extended warranty for free, One thing I always do is make them log the miles on the car before giving them the keys! Hell the service manager drives my car to the bays & when it's done he gets it & drives it back out<<<<they treat me like gold now!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by BlilBT
I had the dealer do some major stuff wrong & got it all fixed....plus a extended warranty for free, One thing I always do is make them log the miles on the car before giving them the keys! Hell the service manager drives my car to the bays & when it's done he gets it & drives it back out<<<<they treat me like gold now!
they don't have to do that up here, they just make sure they hire proper responsible staff who won't *** around.........seems like a key to running a successful business if u ask me....
Old 03-12-2009, 09:40 PM

even if they don't write down the miles when I go in for my next oil change im going to video myself getting in the car, turning it on and looking at the miles THEN take it in. haha
Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 PM

i work at a dealership. dont talk to the service manager they just bs. ask to speak to the service director. tell him what they did. and yes be calm thats ur key! thats why i always stand next to my car when its worked on. thank god they all have faster cars and care less about mine! lol but being honest my buddy is just to talk to him tell him whats going on. if they dont do it say ok im going to the bbb then they get worried....i did it to a dealership when i stage 2 belt was wayy off thanks to sum punk ass new porter!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm not personally criticizing you, I'm criticizing the method of yelling in general. It simply won't get you as far. I'm not implying you let them "walk all over you", I'm proposing that you take the ******* apart in a calm manner. You can hit them a lot harder by taking a step back and approaching the situation in a calm, collected manner than you will by storming in screaming. I'd be just as furious as you or the OP.

Just the way I've always seen things. What you do is your choice, I just don't think it's the most effective way to getting your problems fixed.
Yeah, I do agree with you. It just really pisses me off that they think they can get away with crap like that, you know? It really just makes you want to walk in there and strangle the **** out of every person who works there.

I didn't mean to flip **** on you in my previous post, either.

No hard feelings bro.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx
Yeah, I do agree with you. It just really pisses me off that they think they can get away with crap like that, you know? It really just makes you want to walk in there and strangle the **** out of every person who works there.

I didn't mean to flip **** on you in my previous post, either.

No hard feelings bro.
No worries man

I'm totally with you though... It would take incredible amounts of self-control for me to not beat the **** out of the service tech in question were I in the OP's shoes.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
they don't have to do that up here, they just make sure they hire proper responsible staff who won't *** around.........seems like a key to running a successful business if u ask me....
I would still have my miles logged....I do that with every vehicle I own, Hell I've been there when 1 of the service people have taken what ever car to go get their lunch. But yes a good business should be on top of their staff, lets face it they can't watch every1! if your miles are logged there is no room for error!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:52 PM

lol
can't wait to bring my car to a dealer
Old 03-13-2009, 03:21 PM

this really scares me lol my car is getting around the 50k mark and i wanna take it in to get the tranny fluid changed and the coolant flushed and prob and oil change while its there(i usually do em my self tho) but this scares me there gonna give me my car back with a blown piston
Old 03-13-2009, 04:11 PM

i went in and they told me after about 20 minutes of relaxed arguing that i had no proof and that i ran the clutch down.

now my car feels gross to drive
Old 03-13-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by hossdeuce
i went in and they told me after about 20 minutes of relaxed arguing that i had no proof and that i ran the clutch down.

now my car feels gross to drive
You need to go above the dealership's head to GM corporate.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:13 PM

You need to go above the dealership's head to GM corporate.
how do i go about contacting corporate? GM is tight on cash as it is, what makes you think they will fix a cobalts clutch?
Old 03-13-2009, 04:17 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
How is a clutch "loose?" That doesn't make sense. A clutch isn't something thats loose or tight.

Is it slipping? If its slipping in gear then someone at the dealership smoked your clutch.

Your receipt should have an IN and OUT mileage reading on it. If it doesn't then your dealership sucks.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx
Okay then dude, that's cool. Don't ******* criticize me for the way I handle situation, especially the one being mentioned. You go ahead and get walked all over, because when a dealership doesn't respect my ****, that's like a huge "**** you", right to my face, and I will not stand for that bullshit. They shouldn't have to be told not to drive the car around on a god damn joyride. How the hell is that childish?.. Because someone morons I should be able to trust, mess with my car?.. So I bitch them out a little? Again, rational?.. I don't think taking a customers car out for pleasure is considered being rational to begin with you jackass.

Before you start unloading the bullshit, you should have considered the reason for what happened in the first place.

I believe the dealership being stupid comes before the customer being irrational with a complaint.
i agree with both sides , but it is a KNOWN fact "you get further with honey than vinegar"
Old 03-13-2009, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by chris88z24
How is a clutch "loose?" That doesn't make sense. A clutch isn't something thats loose or tight.

Is it slipping? If its slipping in gear then someone at the dealership smoked your clutch.

Your receipt should have an IN and OUT mileage reading on it. If it doesn't then your dealership sucks.
yup the gear slips. i fully released the clutch in reverse and i dont even move. its fried
Old 03-13-2009, 07:10 PM

OP you need to a - talk to the owner of the dealership or b - contact gm's customer complaint line in regards of this matter.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:15 PM

^^^^ u missed option C-contact the BBB
Old 03-13-2009, 07:16 PM

Call the cops for destruction of property...

or

Lawsuit
Old 03-13-2009, 07:28 PM

Talk to the owner and tell him why does it have 6 more miles from when you dropped it in it doesn't take 6 miles to change the oil or air filter . They don't have to test the car to see if the oil is running fne or if the filter is working properly if anything it would be probably one 1mile at the most you if they had to park it or something but still that's to much for even that
Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 PM

the 1 mile thing is ok as sometimes the vehicle is just about to roll over but i agree 6 miles for an oil change is 5 miles too much
Old 03-13-2009, 07:53 PM

They didn't tear up your clutch in 5 miles. Quit being a crybaby.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:55 PM

thats gonna make it harder since its completely fried, and you were able to drive it outta there

Quick Reply: dealership EFFED my clutch...