Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

dealership EFFED my clutch...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hossdeuce
yup the gear slips. i fully released the clutch in reverse and i dont even move. its fried
You have proof they took your car out for a joy ride, i would deffinately fight this. Its not exacly a cheap fix, i would put out hundreds of dollars for an repair i never caused.

No way in hell i would ever let them get away with that, i take them to court first before i gave them my money to fix their mistake
Old 03-13-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by kenhebe
They didn't tear up your clutch in 5 miles. Quit being a crybaby.
What?? Its possible try it go to the dealer test a manual trans car and red line it and dump the clutch and go thru the gears quick I bet you aint gonna go nowhere but burn that clutch up and they probably kept at it for quite a while
Old 03-14-2009, 03:16 AM
Banned

Bottom line.
i went in and they told me after about 20 minutes of relaxed arguing that i had no proof
/thread

I got fucked over in a similar manner when I had my clutch put in. I asked them to change the rear main seal since it was right there, they said "it looked fine" and didn't. Guess what went bad within a month, costing me $500 to fix because I didn't request it in writing?

As kenhebe said, it's pretty ******* difficult to ruin a clutch in 5 miles. They'd have to be doing it on purpose, as in pulling the E-brake and just railing on it in 1st with the clutch halfway out. Unless you have someone working there that hates you, I don't see that happening.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:16 AM

My dealership always treats myself and my car with respect...but then again the guy that works on my car had a modified SS/SC up until recently so he knows about the car and whats good and bad for it. I change my own oil and do my own "simple" maintenance...the only thing I've had to replace through the dealership was the A/C compressor. Good luck to the OP.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 AM

update:
just finished through court and i got my money back for a replacement clutch
>

me-1 dealership-0
Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Banned

Details, how'd you pull that off?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dainslaif
Details, how'd you pull that off?
well... i replaced my clutch and asked a few of my relatives if there was much i could do to get back at the dealer and possibly get money back..

ANNDDD i got a lawyer explained what happened- went to Chevy and got my service records- yada yada yada.

they refused to pay... blah blah
had to wait for the court date scheduled by glendale (arizona) took a long ass time.... sheesh

then went in to the judge told my story a rep. from chevy went in and said i had no proof- the judge asked how much i spent to replace the clutch.. $1300 for flywheel and pad thingmabobs cant think of the name.. sorry.. and labor costs... the judge looked at him and said "Your General Motors, I think you can afford a clutch..."

this-that-the other.... i got my money back and dropped further charges to get more money because i still support GM and they are runnin thin financially already.... so whatever
Old 06-11-2009, 01:26 PM

well... i replaced my clutch and asked a few of my relatives if there was much i could do to get back at the dealer and possibly get money back..

ANNDDD i got a lawyer explained what happened- went to Chevy and got my service records- yada yada yada.

they refused to pay... blah blah
had to wait for the court date scheduled by glendale (arizona) took a long ass time.... sheesh

then went in to the judge told my story a rep. from chevy went in and said i had no proof- the judge asked how much i spent to replace the clutch.. $1300 for flywheel and pad thingmabobs cant think of the name.. sorry.. and labor costs... the judge looked at him and said "Your General Motors, I think you can afford a clutch..."

this-that-the other.... i got my money back and dropped further charges to get more money because i still support GM and they are runnin thin financially already.... so whatever
So you sued GM not the dealer, why? GM didn't mess up your clutch the dealer did.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by crypticscifer
So you sued GM not the dealer, why? GM didn't mess up your clutch the dealer did.
same difference really, dealer is ran by GM, isnt it? lol
Old 06-11-2009, 06:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The dealer is a person running a business who has an agreement with GM to sell their cars. GM is the company that makes the cars.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Premium Member

No .....Dealers are independent business owners.

Did you blow the judge or something ? With ZERO proof be ruled in your favor haha, maybe i'll go there and say you ran me over and i want a couple million for damages .
Old 06-11-2009, 09:16 PM

im not going to spend an hour to describe every damn detail yeesh.

i had my proof got 1300 back and thats that sorry if you people wanna give me a hard time, i just know i got my cash back
Old 06-12-2009, 02:59 PM

im not going to spend an hour to describe every damn detail yeesh.

i had my proof got 1300 back and thats that sorry if you people wanna give me a hard time, i just know i got my cash back

Prime example on why the economy sucks...... people making other people pay for mistakes that they were not at fault for.

So in your thought process it would be rape a young girl or someone of age....eh who cares as long as I get mines......

Great job.......

If you don't know a simple google search can do wonders. But I can tell that is too much for someone of your caliber.

For the record no think of it more as McDonald's setup

Last edited by crypticscifer; 06-12-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-12-2009, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Force
As said before, BE CALM.

You need to speak to the OWNER of this dealership in a very clear, calm, and concise manner. Emphasize to him that you're appalled at what happened, moreso by the lies the service techs are telling. Make it clear that you want the situation rectified.

If need be, send a letter to head office. A Nissan dealership fucked with my dad about a fix on his Altima, so he sent a letter to corporate. Within ONE HOUR they had a high-level manager on the phone assuring him they were going to fly someone in to help. He got a letter of apology signed by the president of Nissan Canada.

So like I said, BE CALM, but be assertive. Make it clear that they WILL fix this. The owner of the dealership will likely fear you'll badmouth him across town. Put it this way: if you steer ONE customer away from him, he's out more money in commission than if he just fixed the damn clutch.

Yeah GM wouldn't do that if they weren't bankrupt. Go figure why the jap companies moved on in.