Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Decided to keep my '05 till it's dead.... but have a few questions....?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decided to keep my '05 till it's dead.... but have a few questions....?

OK! We found out that my wife is pregnant so instaid of getting a new one I am keeping this one. I have a few questions though..

I have a 2005 2 door. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in car seats?

2) Because I am keeping it I need to put in the best speakers for my music. Any suggestions?Also will any of the factory chevy radios fit my car with a aux jack or hook up in the back?

3) What is the panel under the steering wheel called? My father in law broke off the pegs and I cannot find the pieces so it needs to be replaced. I tried junk yards and it was either gone or damaged. If anyone can find one online or tell me the p/n that would really help.

4) Any advice on making my ride a little smoother? I think that it may be time to replace the shocks/struts (I know next to nothing about cars so I'm not even sure this will help). Can anyone recommend something?

Again any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-18-2013, 10:01 PM

What trim level is it? Is it SS/LT/LS? SS already has a pretty nice set of speakers in it. And the first thing you should probably replace is your head unit. From the factory the unit is always powered lower than the speakers can handle (for longevity reasons).

For aftermarket speakers - check out sonicelectronix.com website.

As far as infant car seats - it will suck trying to get them back there. Toddler booster / 5 point harness back there is one thing. Infant seat with the base would be a PITA putting in - taking out. As a back up vehicle - sure. as a main vehicle - i'd trade in your coupe for something more family friendly.

As for the shocks/struts - just order FE5 set (usually come on a turbocharged 08-10 SS), they will ride a lot better. Here's the link to the whole set from CED: Cobalt FE5 Struts and Shock Pkg FE5-S

And if you're not very familiar with cars, you might need to take it somewhere to have it replaced...
but if you're willing to learn and DIY, you've come to the right place. There are many "how-to" threads here with very detailed instructions.

Make sure you search through the forum before you start asking questions. Saves you from unnecessary attitudes from people. And welcome to the forum! :CSSnet:

Last edited by serega12; 05-18-2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: link to FE5 suspension set at CED
Old 05-18-2013, 10:19 PM

"What trim level is it? "

How do I find this?

" Is it SS/LT/LS? "

Ummm regular?

" And the first thing you should probably replace is your head unit. From the factory the unit is always powered lower than the speakers can handle (for longevity reasons)."

will this work?
Amazon.com: JVC KW-R900BT In-Dash AM/FM/CD Car Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth: Car Electronics Amazon.com: JVC KW-R900BT In-Dash AM/FM/CD Car Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth: Car Electronics

"For aftermarket speakers - check out sonicelectronix.com website."

already changed them out for kickers ds693 and they already blew on me. Any suggestions?

" As a back up vehicle - sure. as a main vehicle - i'd trade in your coupe for something more family friendly."

The Cobalt is my car. It's just in case I have to take he/she anywhere when she has the family vehicle.

"As for the shocks/struts - just order FE5 set (usually come on a turbocharged 08-10 SS), they will ride a lot better. Here's the link to the whole set from CED: Cobalt FE5 Struts and Shock Pkg FE5-S

And if you're not very familiar with cars, you might need to take it somewhere to have it replaced...
but if you're willing to learn and DIY, you've come to the right place. There are many "how-to" threads here with very detailed instructions. "

I have used them to change out my speakers the first time and was VERY impressed! I have 5 or 6 master mechanic friends who are willing to help me out. I also have access to an amazing shop, so there is no reason I cant do this myself.

"Make sure you search through the forum before you start asking questions. Saves you from unnecessary attitudes from people. And welcome to the forum! "
I will remember this Thanks