Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Dipstick still popping out.....HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Dipstick still popping out.....HELP

This topic has been talked about greatly, BUT after reading plenty into the topic, I still am confused.

Here's my situation...

I bought this car with 142,000 miles on it last month, already had the dip stick pop. The guy I bought it from provided me with an accurate leak down and compression test, both passing. He had already purchased the intake manifold gasket, supercharger gasket AND pcv valve. He had an oil cap breather in place as well. (Oil cap is no longer there because the filter literally blew off and is laying somewhere on the side of the highway...)

I dug down in there and replaced the gaskets and pcv valve, and cleaned the living heck out of everything I worked through. Drove it home from my buddies out with no issues, and the car was pulling way harder, or so I thought.

Now the dip stick is still popping out, thought it could be the worst, a ringland failure. I did a compression test myself and I got 200,190,200,200... basically perfect across the board.

SO, do you guys have any ideas on where I should go next? I was looking into a breather for the crank case plumbing coming out of the back of the block, running to the intake. I want to nipple off the intake side and place a breather on the back of the block, and put a breather back in place of the oil cap. (Will buy from zzp).

This is a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC, 3.0 pully, tuned(apparently), exhaust, and to my knowledge that is it. (For some background). This is my DAILY driver... I'm not trying to make this thing the fastest car on the road, but a FUN and ENJOYABLE car with NO issues.

If you've read this far, thank you... and I hope you can help me!