Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Does anyone not have problems ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you guys think the life expectancy of the supercharger would be... if it was to be DD and well maintained?

100,000km .... ?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:30 PM

My 2.4L SS has been amazing! And I have beat the **** out of it.

I think people tend to only post when there IS an problem and not when all is well.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rissa
What color is your corvette?
Its Polo Green Metallic II
Old 08-20-2008, 01:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vetteman-sssc
BTW Edubs you have a problem with me making my own opinion on this car to call me a @sshole?
Did I hit a nerve stating my opinion of the Cobalt and comparing it the the other flops GM made?
Or is there some truth to my statement and youre in denile

Im done with this thread after this
So to all enjoy your Cobalts because i wish i could say that I do
You did hit a nerve, and it has nothing to do w/ the fact that your Cobalt has been a quality nightmare. I agreed w/ that and said I empathize w/ your situation and why you would never buy another Cobalt.

My issue comes w/ what we've been stating; that you're generalizing too much and it's counterproductive and adds a certain negativity that I wish we could get rid of on this forum. I think you're being unfair to GM by generalizing so much about their production quality. I know it'll never happen, but I prefer it when people make intelligent statements based off fact, and fact alone. Comparitively, GM's current quality is in the higher percentile in the market overall. And, once again, of all the Cobalts produced, you are the minority. With a mass-produced product, there are always going to be issues, and the fact that there are a small number of specific redundant issues is actually a good thing. Would you rather it be hundreds of different types of issues that people have, or a small group of specific issues that occur?

Sorry for being so aggressive and calling you out, but I just think that GM deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Wojtowicz
I was seriously considering buying an SS but after reading these forums everyday looking at all the updates with peoples problems I have thought twice about buying now.

Would anyone of you guys here do it all over again if you had a choice... or would you buy another car ?

Thank's for your help.
Check any car forum. I can find any Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. forum listing just as many problems as you've seen here. They all have a section called problems & service. Every car ever produced has had one problem or another. Another thing to remember is that this car is being modified by even the most inexperienced of modders, so that doesn't help.

It's also a result of the internet being a public forum. There are always going to be more people bitching about their car's problems than praising how trouble free it's been.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:13 PM

well you guys have to realize yea its cheap but it IS still an economy car...
Old 08-20-2008, 02:14 PM

My car has been just fine.... modded to **** and tuned to hell and is my DD and has been just fine day after day!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by brett5
well you guys have to realize yea its cheap but it IS still an economy car...
no kidding. Did you see the idiot above who says his next car will be a Mercedes because it's better quality? NO ****?!?!? It better be for costing 3 times what a Cobalt does. I am beginning to lose faith in this world. Anyone that thinks the quality differences between a GM and competitor's product (in the same class of course) is enough to make their decision NOT to buy one is a lemming and a moron, and probably makes many other stupid decisions in their life.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:52 PM

i think in its class its a pretty damn good car..other then a few minor(cheap) throw backs....but give it another ten years everything will probably get even cheaper....its a 20-25 thousand dollar 4 banger economy car(ECOTEC)..i personally have not had many problems that i didn't cause of coarse to make me feel this car was badly built and i have 76000 miles on my car