Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Door locks not unlocking

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door locks not unlocking

I was wondering if someone could make a poll. I've been searching through old threads for about the past hour. it seems like a lot of people have the problem. Neither handle will open the driver side door. I've had this problem in the past and hit unlock then lock a few times and would hear a click and it would work fine. Well the third time this happened, i probably had to hit unlock and then lock about 100+ times to get it to work again. I'm about to call my dealer to see if there is a tsb or something of that sort because this is a real safety hazard(specially since i'm over 6 feet tall and 290lbs, not real easy to climb over the shifter and such. i know it shouldn't be covered under warranty since I'm at 58K, but i'm gonna call my dealer and see what they say.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brandondrecksage
I was wondering if someone could make a poll. I've been searching through old threads for about the past hour. it seems like a lot of people have the problem. Neither handle will open the driver side door. I've had this problem in the past and hit unlock then lock a few times and would hear a click and it would work fine. Well the third time this happened, i probably had to hit unlock and then lock about 100+ times to get it to work again. I'm about to call my dealer to see if there is a tsb or something of that sort because this is a real safety hazard(specially since i'm over 6 feet tall and 290lbs, not real easy to climb over the shifter and such. i know it shouldn't be covered under warranty since I'm at 58K, but i'm gonna call my dealer and see what they say.
Put some grease on the latch mechanism on the door. It'll solve your problem