Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

F%^&ing AC Vents!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F%^&ing AC Vents!

I go to get in my car on my lunch break and sit in some cold air. I shut the door and I hear a plastic clank sound. I look around, see nothing, start the car and I hear it again. Still see nothing, I turn the AC on, and I hear it...look at the vents and notice one seems out of place from where I usually have it, and no one else drives my car. Well, I adjust the one that is out of place, and the Passenger Side, Center AC vent LITERALLY FELL APART!!! So here's the thing, I pull out most of the parts that are loose so they don't fall down the tubes again, but I'm wondering how the hell will Warranty Cover this? Needless to say, I'm pissed, and nervous, I don't have the money to replace the whole ******* dash, cause the AC vents are MOLDED into the DASH...WORST ******* thing I've ever seen...and how do i get that one piece out?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by YellowG5
I go to get in my car on my lunch break and sit in some cold air. I shut the door and I hear a plastic clank sound. I look around, see nothing, start the car and I hear it again. Still see nothing, I turn the AC on, and I hear it...look at the vents and notice one seems out of place from where I usually have it, and no one else drives my car. Well, I adjust the one that is out of place, and the Passenger Side, Center AC vent LITERALLY FELL APART!!! So here's the thing, I pull out most of the parts that are loose so they don't fall down the tubes again, but I'm wondering how the hell will Warranty Cover this? Needless to say, I'm pissed, and nervous, I don't have the money to replace the whole ******* dash, cause the AC vents are MOLDED into the DASH...WORST ******* thing I've ever seen...and how do i get that one piece out?
Man, that really sucks. I think you should take it in and see what's up. As long as you have a legit story to tell them they will help you out. Were you putting alot of pressure on the vent or did it literally just fall apart when you barely touched it?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey851
Man, that really sucks. I think you should take it in and see what's up. As long as you have a legit story to tell them they will help you out. Were you putting alot of pressure on the vent or did it literally just fall apart when you barely touched it?
I basically went to adjust it down, cause it was pointed up, and when I did this almost no pressure was applied, just kinda fell apart... the one guide that holds the vertical pieces is the piece that is now sitting inside my AC system...

I'm just wondering, IF they do warranty this, Will they have to tear into the dash to get that piece out? And if so, what will come of this?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The dash is really not that hard to remove, don't worry. I've done it several times now. And the vents themselves are not molded right in actually. Bring it in, they will probably fix it without any problems. You should look at some of the pictures I have of my car taken apart, it's down right scary.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:19 PM

That should be covered under warrenty. Prob got a bad piece of of the run when the vent was made. If they have to tear into the dash ask for a rental car, so you dont have to wait all day at the dealership.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Halfcent
The dash is really not that hard to remove, don't worry. I've done it several times now. And the vents themselves are not molded right in actually. Bring it in, they will probably fix it without any problems. You should look at some of the pictures I have of my car taken apart, it's down right scary.
What do you mean they are not molded in? I look and there is no evidence of being pushed in...The fins of the vents aren't molded in, I know that, Oh how I know that...but the part that holds them is.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 AM

Well, my dealer in Longwood is repairing it no problem, and no questions asked. They have to tear the dash apart to do so and they said it should be a one day job... They will also be tearing into the AC system to find the piece that fell down there. Wish me luck on getting the car back without a noisy dash.