Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Fixed Tranny Grinding into reverse.. now there's other problems.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fixed Tranny Grinding into reverse.. now there's other problems.

Well, for a long time, I had the problem of my car grinding when engaging reverse gear. First I took it to the dealership when I was getting the head impact recall done, and the guy working said that it wasn't a problem, as I was supposed to let the tranny spin down before engaging it into reverse. I asked him isn't that what a syncrho is for, and he said these cars don't have them in reverse. I was hesitant but accepted his answer.
I then went home and checked it out, and verified that the F23 does have a synchro, and supposedly can go into reverse, even when u're slowly moving. So I talk my car do a different dealer, who at first said that he didn't think it had a rev synchro, i told him to look it up, and he did. They're manager checked out the car, and said it needed to be fixed. Took them around 5-6 days, because of ordering parts.
So I got my car back, and the problems fixed, except now my alignment and wheel balance are out, after just a cpl weeks ago getting them fixed.
I wouldn't be telling everyone about this, except the fact that the tranny issue is known, as there was a bulletin put out about it. It was mentioned on the report, repaired "as per bulletin", and I checked with a friend who said there was one. So if any1 else has a similar problem, get it checked out.
Also, I started hearing a squeaking in the back right of the car, when I hit speed bumps. Something else that should be checked out, or is it normal.