Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

front end noise shaking steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front end noise shaking steering wheel

I'm sure there are a million threads about front end noise (its a cobalt, come on) Anyway, I keep searching for this noise I hear. mainly in and out of my driveway at a turn. But if I'm going slow and turn the wheel back and forth quickly I can hear it pop everytime I change direction. I've replaced my CAB's (not because of that noise, they both went bad over time, and checked to make sure they were good) and checked everything else over. Everything is nice and tight. (ball joint, tie rods, sway bar link) can hardly move them if at all.
I've recently come across a lot of vibration in my steering wheel as well at speeds 65-75. My tires are all balanced, and even rotated them to see if the problem would leave the front but did not. I did my alignment last winter. The only thing I can really come to think it might be is a cv axle. But I never thought that'd make my steering wheel shake.
When I was checking my control arm bushing I had the hardest time moving my cv axle back in place to get my lower ball joint back in position in my spindle. And there is a clicking/popping/joints rubbing sound when I extend and retract the axle. I figured it was normal because it doesn't move that much when my spindle is together. Or does it?
Any ideas on my steering wheel? Rotors are brand new, and shook before I replaced them as well.

Any input would be sweet, haven't really posted on this site in some time. been trying to save for a house and have put the car on the back burner. But as winter comes along again I really would like to get this stuff done before I freeze my ass off outside and have to do it.