Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Gm didnt fix my car right

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gm didnt fix my car right

Ok, so i bought an 07 Cobalt ss/sc about a month ago and while on the test drive everything felt fine. Well when I was finally by myself and was able to get on it i noticed that the clutch was slipping. It didnt grab at all in 2nd i would have to let off the throttle and then get back on. I knew before that the clutch was not covered under warranty so i started researching on this site about others clutch problems and i found out that many of you say that you need to chanch the tob and slave cylinder. since i had just bought the car the dealership agreed to fix the clutch free of charge, so i assumed that Gm certified mechanics would have fixed everthing that needed to be fixed inluding tob and slave cylinder. well i got my car back and about a week later my clutch pedal went all the way to the floor and didnt engage my clutch at all so now my car is back at the dealership and i am waiting on a slave cylinder which is on back order.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 PM

HAHA. Everything is on backorder and they have nothing in stock. My motor went to **** from a previous simple motor fix that they fubared. From that fix I have had my idler pulley fail and eat the belt. Cels that I cleared and fixed and a clutch that I had to vacuum bleed because they are incompetent tards. I don't even want to go into how destroyed my engine bay looks now that they hacked it up. They mechanics at the dealerships are no better then any other shop.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 PM

Good luck getting parts while GM is in bankrupcy...
Old 06-08-2009, 10:10 PM

yup its taken a month to get me axle
Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by YSUsteven
Good luck getting parts while GM is in bankrupcy...
That has nothing to do with it. If you read the new you nimwad all suppliers are being paid by the government while GM restructures under chapter 11 to prevent precisely this thing from happening

Originally Posted by Bad05SS
yup its taken a month to get me axle
Thats funny.... Cause i had a broken Axel on my TC got it within 3 days... And my rear brakes (which all of the TC owners have problems with... and their pads are on "back order") they got me the next day... hmmm

Last edited by gdubs; 06-08-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-08-2009, 10:18 PM

How many miles are on it? Did'nt 2007 model year and after have the five year 100 thousand mile powertrain warranty or is that just for the first owner?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by LSJAY
How many miles are on it? Did'nt 2007 model year and after have the five year 100 thousand mile powertrain warranty or is that just for the first owner?
The clutch is a wearable item and is not covered under that warranty. Powertrain includes engine and transmission and all the parts inside... clutch is not covered
Old 06-08-2009, 10:22 PM

yeah a slave cylinder shouldnt be on back order, I just got one pretty recently, the next day after ordering. You just have some nimrod lazy parts guy or service adviser that doesnt feel like locating your stuff. its not hard.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by AzulitoAlero
yeah a slave cylinder shouldnt be on back order, I just got one pretty recently, the next day after ordering. You just have some nimrod lazy parts guy or service adviser that doesnt feel like locating your stuff. its not hard.
That sounds exactly like the case
Old 06-08-2009, 10:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea im having fun with GM currently too. First thing i noticed today when i took my car in was that only the A-Holes in the company were left working. They tried to tell me that I didnt have a warranty but eventually found it. They then told me that all repairs I was bringing it in for would not be covered and I was like excuse me warranty covers everything and I have no deductible so you will be fixing it for free. I then asked for a loaner and they told me that they didnt have one reserved for me. I was like well you told me that it would more than likely have to stay over night and if that was the case I would get a loaner. They claimed they didnt know that I wanted one and that they didnt have anymore at the time. Luckily my gf followed me up there and she gave me a ride home. I called before closing to see what the progress was on it and all they would tell me is "we are working on it" no details or anything. It should be real interesting tomorrow when I call again

The funniest thing I think is that GM reps and president has sent me numerous emails and mail stating nothing would change with the service and that they are going to do everything to serve their loyal customers. Just after my experience today I can say that all of that is a bunch of crap and I can see myself having to fight with them to get anything accomplished