Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Hahn Exhaust Tip Hanging Low

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slowline... Trolling again, eh?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Neodous
Ok 1st you can't just bend **** and not have a problem some where else, I know this because I am not "lazy" and looked at it myself and had to exhaust shops look at it. 2nd I don't want a zzp exhaust, I don't like the sound it makes.

If it was just as easy as bending it I would have done it asshat.
you say it's not as easy as bending it, yet im sitting here looking at 2 hangars in the exhaust rubber mounts that can be bent downwards towards the muffler with a lil heat up from a hand torch and 5 minutes of time IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. while i agree with you it shouldn't be like that and should've been right the first time, that is what you get with hahn, sub par, high price. live and learn.

Originally Posted by JAYNO20
Slowline... Trolling again, eh?
looks like you're the one trolling making comments that pertain 0% to the op nice try though sparky
Old 03-18-2012, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by 05Slowline
looks like you're the one trolling making comments that pertain 0% to the op nice try though sparky
lol "sparky" wtf is wrong with you? take your negative ass stupid bullshit comments and go to another thread where you can be as gay as you want. Jesus, this kid doesn't stop.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:25 AM
Banned

lol "sparky" wtf is wrong with you? take your negative ass stupid bullshit comments and go to another thread where you can be as gay as you want. Jesus, this kid doesn't stop.
don't be mad and follow me around and make stupid comments cause i said ur bov on a stock car is gay sparky
Old 03-18-2012, 01:26 AM

you say it's not as easy as bending it, yet im sitting here looking at 2 hangars in the exhaust rubber mounts that can be bent downwards towards the muffler with a lil heat up from a hand torch and 5 minutes of time IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. while i agree with you it shouldn't be like that and should've been right the first time, that is what you get with hahn, sub par, high price. live and learn.

You know nothing dude, If I bend the hangers it will shift the exhaust and make it rub on the gas tank.

Thanks for trolling.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:28 AM

don't be mad and follow me around and make stupid comments cause i said ur bov on a stock car is gay sparky
lol I happened across this thread and knew as soon as I saw things get heated that it was gonna be YOU who started all the gayness. I had your queer ass blocked for this exact reason, and I guess I have to block you again because you can't win with a troll. KEEP TROLLING! DON'T LET US DOWN!

Anyway, you are blocked now you homo, I can't tolerate your child like bullshit.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Banned

how you figure that lol
Old 03-18-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
option #1: go through the hassle with hahn and still end up unhappy

option #2: bend the brackets and be done with it
Old 03-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Banned

lol I happened across this thread and knew as soon as I saw things get heated that it was gonna be YOU who started all the gayness. I had your queer ass blocked for this exact reason, and I guess I have to block you again because you can't win with a troll. KEEP TROLLING! DON'T LET US DOWN!

Anyway, you are blocked now you homo, I can't tolerate your child like bullshit.
thanks for making more stupid posts telling me that you blocked me boo hoo good for you noone cares child. nothing is "heated" although his exhaust hangars on the muffler should be heated and adjusted but he refuses to accept the fact smh
Old 03-18-2012, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
option #1: go through the hassle with hahn and still end up unhappy

option #2: bend the brackets and be done with it

If he bends the brackets the piping hits the gas tank...
Old 03-18-2012, 01:37 AM
I'm too JDM for you

If he bends the brackets the piping hits the gas tank...
angle doesn't look right going over the axle, i think the true problem lies in the slip fitting not being adjusted correctly
Old 03-18-2012, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
angle doesn't look right going over the axle, i think the true problem lies in the slip fitting not being adjusted correctly
That will then create a problem with the hanger on the slip part of the pipe...
Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 PM

I had the same problem with my mpx. You HEAT up the brackets and bend down the muffler. I doesn't hit your gas tank and if it does then you heat up the mid pipe section amd bend that down. This is a really easy fix and I did it in my own garage in maybe 15-20 min. Super easy fix and why wait for shipping and all that bullshit when he's probobly going to say that theres nothing wrong with it amd you just bought 2 exhausts.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:06 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
i see your in pittsburgh. i can help you fix this.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Balt_and_Vette
I had the same problem with my mpx. You HEAT up the brackets and bend down the muffler. I doesn't hit your gas tank and if it does then you heat up the mid pipe section amd bend that down. This is a really easy fix and I did it in my own garage in maybe 15-20 min. Super easy fix and why wait for shipping and all that bullshit when he's probobly going to say that theres nothing wrong with it amd you just bought 2 exhausts.
You cant heat and bend the pipe, the pipe will kink. If your talking about bending the mid pipe hanger down, then it will just pull the exhaust system further upwards towards the tank and as a result will pivot the exhaust at the muffler hangers and lower the tip again.

I am waiting for an answer from hahn as well, as my "new design" system is having the same problems as the OP. I dont have AS much of a gap at the tip (but still way too much)... worst part is that i am having mad rattling where is goes over the axle because its too close to the underbody and tank sheild no matter which way the slip flange is adjusted just ends up hitting them.

Looking at it again tonight on the hoist, and will update with the results later.

Last edited by guitarenvy; 03-19-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by guitarenvy
You cant heat and bend the pipe, the pipe will kink. If your talking about bending the mid pipe hanger down, then it will just pull the exhaust system further upwards towards the tank and as a result will pivot the exhaust at the muffler hangers and lower the tip again.

I am waiting for an answer from hahn as well, as my "new design" system is having the same problems as the OP. I dont have AS much of a gap at the tip (but still way too much)... worst part is that i am having mad rattling where is goes over the axle because its too close to the underbody and tank sheild no matter which way the slip flange is adjusted just ends up hitting them.

Looking at it again tonight on the hoist, and will update with the results later.
Are you using stock hangers?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by royce777
i see your in pittsburgh. i can help you fix this.
Thanks Royce but like Guitarenvy said:

"You cant heat and bend the pipe, the pipe will kink. If your talking about bending the mid pipe hanger down, then it will just pull the exhaust system further upwards towards the tank and as a result will pivot the exhaust at the muffler hangers and lower the tip again."

Good to know people like you are around to lend a hand.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Neodous
Are you using stock hangers?
Yeah stock.
Tonight I unbolted the slip section clamp and pulled the mid pipe downward (at bend around the tank) and got the mid pipe to slide further into the resonator. It made more clearance at the gastank sheild.
After spending some time trying different rubber hangers, I suggest doubling up the stock rubber exhaust hangers - two per hanger on all of them, it will push the exhaust down at the mid pipe and pull it up at the muffler. Seems to be working for mine, although I should have never had to do this and still isnt perfect. I will have to make sure it stays centered.

On another note, just installed GMS1! Worth every penny!

Last edited by guitarenvy; 03-19-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:35 PM

srry you going thru that my hahn exhaust doesnt sit like that i hav a 4 dr and its pretty damn close the to bumper. some ppl think its stock. the money you put out for this exhaust you need to send it bac n get it a perfect fit granted you will b witout ur car, but if you was gonna go a cheap fix it mod to your car you should hav got a cheaper exhaust(price wise) n saved sum dough / make them fix it.
THIS IS MINES!!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:20 PM

That really is close. Which one is it, the new modular or first version?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:23 AM

im not sure exhaut was on when i got the car but its been on the car for awhile so i want to say the older version. exhaust has been on there for close to a year now maybe a year already!!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:13 AM

Yeah its probably the first design.... which probably would have fit my car better
Old 03-22-2012, 11:20 AM

My Hahn wasnt an exact fit either. mine hung a little low and i couldnt get it centered. Did my own personal overlook.

I had the adjestable sleeve on the DP connect end. That wasnt aligned right, so that threw it off a bit.
-Loosen sleeve bump with hammer- exhaust now centered.

It wasnt hanging where i wanted it to.
-take hanger, bend to specification.

My exhaust fit perfectly after that- then I went over a speed bump, nailed the exhaust, and the entirely alignment was off again LOL
Old 03-22-2012, 12:04 PM

Your Hahn looks much different than mine. Cheapest advice I can give and it's what I did with mine, buy some hose clamps and put them over the stock hangers. Then tighten them to raise the exhaust.

That company has really gone downhill, I had many problems when I bought from them as well.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:02 PM

im not even sure how they made 29hp on there intake i hav it and there is a crush point in the piping itself my friends have diff intakes and there piping has no crush, im thinking of the AEM or turbo xs if i can sell this one.

Quick Reply: Hahn Exhaust Tip Hanging Low