Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

HELP !! 05 cobalt ss s/c wont start

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP !! 05 cobalt ss s/c wont start

help!!! i let the car sit one day with out running it and it wont run it started 2 times for me but sounded like it was running on 2 cylynders kinda sounded like a wrx threw a code P0603??? power train controle module keep alive memory (KAM) error??? i changed batteries erased the code and it wont even start now it tries to start sometimes but if it does its only on like 2 cylynders also less than a month ago the car did the wierd engine power reduced **** on me and shut off! i let it sit for like 5 mins and it was fine also the car has a mind of its owen it just starts locking and unlocking its self on it owen?? what is wrong with this car ? any one have any ideah??? also i just had atranny put in it at 40,000miles i bought it used with 31,000 miles and 2nd gear went out of it at 37,000 miles thank god for the 100,000 mile powertrain warrenty the dealer dont wanna touch it cause it has hp tuner software in it ! when it runs it runs great tho!
current mods

max torque 242.02 maxpower 302.04whp
3" down pipe w/highflow cat.....just installed 1 month ago
3" hahn racecraft cat back
AEM intake
Hp tuned by pcmforless.com
dyno tuned with hp tuners after every thing was installed changed redline to 7,000rpms
3.00'' supercharger pulley by southflorida pulley
projecter hallo headlights... just installed 1 week ago
NGK plugs.... just installed 1 month ago
Old 01-03-2009, 03:12 PM

I have a feeling it has something to either with your new transmission or with your tune. When did you start having little problems? Right after you did something to the car? A week after?
Old 01-03-2009, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better go see your tuner ,Read the fix for the code and its leans towards a pcm failure (Micro processor integrety)or its not programmed properly !
Old 01-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Premium Member

Are you running stock injector's with that 3" pulley?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rukkee
Are you running stock injector's with that 3" pulley?
Was wondering the same thing, but it sounds more like the PCM took a ****.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:46 PM

well i talked to my tuner and its deff. the computer it wont let him in to look at it or even do any thing to it so he found me a used one for like 45$ and hes going to throw my tune into it and ill be all fixed up and yes im runnin a 3'' pulley on stock injecters ... if u tune it right u dont really need to buy bigger injecters.. u do know u can add more fuel threw the tune and its just hp tuner software nuttin special.. im thinkin bout trading in the cobalt ss for the new cobalt ss turbo i looked at the tune my tuner did for a kid down twards pittsburgh and all he has is a down pipe and cat back and intake and the tune and hes pullin 343 hp at the wheels 379 ft pound of torq and 411 hp at the crank thats insane thats corvette numbers!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 AM

I think you will need the dealer to do a relearn on the pcm when he replaces it.Unless you can do it with
HP tuner but I dont think so.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLPCOBALT00
well i talked to my tuner and its deff. the computer it wont let him in to look at it or even do any thing to it so he found me a used one for like 45$ and hes going to throw my tune into it and ill be all fixed up and yes im runnin a 3'' pulley on stock injecters ... if u tune it right u dont really need to buy bigger injecters.. u do know u can add more fuel threw the tune and its just hp tuner software nuttin special.. im thinkin bout trading in the cobalt ss for the new cobalt ss turbo i looked at the tune my tuner did for a kid down twards pittsburgh and all he has is a down pipe and cat back and intake and the tune and hes pullin 343 hp at the wheels 379 ft pound of torq and 411 hp at the crank thats insane thats corvette numbers!
Uh, no. The stock injectors cannot deliver enough fuel for a 3" pulley at WOT, and if your tuner says anything different I'd switch tuners. It will run lean at the high RPM range, and if your car sounded like a WRX it's possible you already blew up a piston.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:16 PM

wow stock injectors, not recommended, get yourself some 60lbs. injectors

and 302whp? i dont think so maybe crank, with ur mod list i dont see that happening, i would change tuners

Last edited by SloBaLt RiDeR; 01-08-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-08-2009, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by SLPCOBALT00
Christ, stop rite now.

i've worked with your "tuner" before. G6 platform but none the less, the "tune" leaves much to be desired.

now i'm honestly NOT trying to bust your ***** here, simply trying to inform.

you car does not make 302whp, not by a long shot. its an impossibility to do on a 3.0
your more around the 230wtq/240-250whp range.

as for your injector statement, no you can not simply add more fuel to the tune when the injector duty cycle is already in the static range on a larger pulley and a lower red line.

people upgrade there injectors for a reason, and thats it!^^

your WOT AFR in PA during the winter is going to be "wack as hell" because no matter how hard you try, that needed flow is nonexistent.

if you have a WB02 and your not seeing erratically high AFR's its due to the car still having a converter on it.

they often scew the AFR reading by a whole point or so.

your LNF car statement is also a fallacy, the torque number is totally doable, but 343whp on stock turbo, on a car thats that close to stock is a varrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry large stretch of whats possible. in other words, it dident happen.

now as for your car, in most case's i've seen the PCM is corrupt for a number a reasons, a new one and a VATS re-learn later and you'll be back on the road.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:11 PM

aem wide band was installed on the car for the tune and im tellin you im rich i know im rich the wide band dont lie and at wide open throttel if your behind me u can smell that im burnin rich and the car was runnin on 2 cylenders cause the pcm was shitting the bed and after starting it 2 times it quit runnin all together not cause the engine is blown either cause the pcm died it wont let us talk to it at all when we plug into it... and i got another one and installed it in the car and did the start up procedure were u try to start it leave the key on for 11 or more min. then turn it off for 30 or more sec. and repeat that 3 times and on the 4th try it should start well she tried to start but since the vin numbers in the pcm dont match mine it wont let it start and my tuner forgot to tell me that soo were loading my car up on the car trailer and towing her to his house so he can program the pcm for my car and instal my tune again.. and for who dont beleive my hp numbers i really dont care i have the paper.. the dyno dont lie and i would have no reason to lie or brag when any of you guys prob dont live any were near me... but thats the way i see it i dont brag cause my car isnt any better then any body elses and we all have car issues 1 time or another down the road.. o ya back to the lean thing and... i pulled the plugs and put my new ones in after every thing was done to my car lean would be white rich would be black and my plugs are a very dark brownish black spark plugs will never lie to you they tell the truth allways!! also check your tip on your muffler lots of black carbon will tell you too. and if the system is running to lean.. it would throw a code like bank 1 system too lean... it did that after i switched the pulley and got it re - tuned so im sure that i got every symptom of my car running a tad bit to rich but if for any un godlyreason im wrong.. we got a 100,000 mile powetrain war. right?? mise well use it lol

o and if you know my tuner mabey you should call him and ask him bout what the numbers on the cobalt ss t/c he did about a month ago those numbers are true and the stock turbo on the ss and solstice are actualy not bad for stock and can pull an easy 23 psi when you go threw the computer to turn the boost up and add some fuel... why would i lie about that too lol i meen its not even my car and i dont even know the older guy that owens it i just know i seen the dyno sheet.. so its like this it did happen! im for sure of it!

Last edited by SLPCOBALT00; 01-09-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-15-2009, 06:03 PM

Well i guess there is more to the issue Than the computer installed new comp. had my vin # programed into it did the re-learn and it still will not fire up.. it does have great compression havent checked spark yet ran outa time and plus its like 1 degree out side so the car is froze and im tryin to heat my garage up with a turbo heater to thaw my car out to work on it any body have the coil packs go out on there cobalt ? cause thats what it seems like