Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

help 07 ss/sc problems high revs

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help 07 ss/sc problems high revs

Hey guys first post.

so i got this 07 ss/sc about a month ago and all has been fine. im driving it yesterday and notcied it feels like the cruise control is on im cruising at 2k so i push the clutch in and the rpms jump to 3k and just sit there for about 10 sec. it keeps happening until i get to work, i get back in to drive it home 8 hours later and its working fine then i notice its into boost while cruising on the highway i floor it and it almost maxxes the boost gauge let completly off the gas and it still stays into boost. push the clutch in and the revs go to 3k and just sit there so at this point i shut it off to get the revs down. tried to start it back up and nothing not even a click. waited a min opened the door to completely power everything down shut the door and it starts right up no my fuel gauge says its empty and it displays low fuel it has 1/2 a tank at this point. it did light up the cel im going to scan it today when i get home but my first thought was a vac leak but what would that have to do with the fuel gauge? any help or thoughts would be great.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by shannonmcb
Hey guys first post. so i got this 07 ss/sc about a month ago and all has been fine. im driving it yesterday and notcied it feels like the cruise control is on im cruising at 2k so i push the clutch in and the rpms jump to 3k and just sit there for about 10 sec. it keeps happening until i get to work, i get back in to drive it home 8 hours later and its working fine then i notice its into boost while cruising on the highway i floor it and it almost maxxes the boost gauge let completly off the gas and it still stays into boost. push the clutch in and the revs go to 3k and just sit there so at this point i shut it off to get the revs down. tried to start it back up and nothing not even a click. waited a min opened the door to completely power everything down shut the door and it starts right up no my fuel gauge says its empty and it displays low fuel it has 1/2 a tank at this point. it did light up the cel im going to scan it today when i get home but my first thought was a vac leak but what would that have to do with the fuel gauge? any help or thoughts would be great.
Check the bypass valve, and the vacuum lines as well. Sometimes they get brittle and leak. Sounds like there may be an electrical issue or something more than just that though. Hmm..
Old 09-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
clean the throttle plate
Old 09-04-2014, 07:38 PM

Ok so I got home and scanned it and I got p0069 map sensor and p2261 supercharger bypass valve can I just clean these up or do they need to be replaced? Also did the bypass valve let to much pressure in and that's what caused the map error?
Old 09-05-2014, 10:58 AM

I'd check the vacuum lines to the bypass valve before replacing anything

Originally Posted by shannonmcb
Ok so I got home and scanned it and I got p0069 map sensor and p2261 supercharger bypass valve can I just clean these up or do they need to be replaced? Also did the bypass valve let to much pressure in and that's what caused the map error?
Old 09-08-2014, 02:14 PM

so i replaced the vacuum lines and still the same thing. cleared the codes and they came back within 10 min of driving. when i pull the vac line from the supercharger i can clearly see the bypass valve working properly. if it is a map sensor causing this any idea which one? or is there anyway to test these sensors? i also cleaned the throttle plate while i did the lines

Last edited by shannonmcb; 09-08-2014 at 02:15 PM. Reason: forgot to add