Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Help CEL on trouble codes intermittent idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Help CEL on trouble codes intermittent idle issue

Hey guys a little over a week ago I had my sc rebuilt & a Glowshift boost/vacuum gauge installed at the same time. My car ran perfect prior to this rebuild & gauge install. After the rebuild & gauge install were complete we fired it up & I had a breif high idle. My tech took it for a test drive & the sec he got out on the rd & shifted to 2nd gear it went into reduced engine power the CEL came on & it had a total of 4 codes thrown. My tech cleared the codes & CEL & sent me on my way. A couple of days later the CEL came back on I started to get the high idle issue where I would take my foot off the gas & it wouldn't idle down & then it went back into limp home mode. I took it back to my tech & had him clean my throttle body out thinking something might have gotten in there during the rebuild. After he cleaned my TB he cleared the codes & we took it for a spin. The car ran great, we pulled over to the side of the rd & let it idle for a few min. After about 5min of idling it started to idle up high around 2k rpm for no reason & then the CEL came back on. It was the same 4 codes from b 4. He wants again cleared them & sent me on my way. My car has been running fine for the past couple of days & then my CEL even went off however shortly after going off I started getting the high idle issue after letting it idle for a few minutes & now the CEL is back on. I still have my original OEM throttle body & my car is a 2005 with 177k miles on it. Could it be that I'm do for a new TB ? We of course checked all of the lines & to be safe we are going to replace all of my vacuum lines next week. The error codes that I have are listed below any help you guys could give would be great I just purchased my ZZP 3" shorty header & down pipe & the 3" cat was next but if I can't get this fixed I'm dead in the water thanks guys.

The codes that I'm getting are

P0069-SC inlet pressure
P0121-Throttle positions sensor malfunction
P1101-intake airflow system performance
P0068-TB airflow performance
Old 05-15-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
TB has to relearn idle and other stuff. He flapped the throttle body.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So your saying once the TB relearns then the cel codes & idling issues should go away ? How long does this process generally take ? I've been driving for about a week now since he cleaned my TB & the issue still exist