Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Help me please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blk06cbltss
well your car is up and running so if youre interested in going to the cobalt meet this sunday in sandy let me know i will give you the address
I will have to let u know a lil later today.... I'm figuring out what I am doing tomorrow... So send me the address anyways in a message or whatever... Going for a canyon drive right now to see how good she is really running!

Originally Posted by KoriCobalt
Awesome glad it worked all out for ya, yeah that is a nice pic of you, wish more girls like you with that kind of knowledge exist, my own sister doesn't even know how to change a tire. Man don't see any SS/SC cobalts over here in texas well in Austin all I've seen is one so far.
Haha... I'm not a helpless girl... I learned from the best!! And I have seen a few here... I seem to be the only girl that owns one though... everyone I have seen has a guy driving it! lol silly boys...

Last edited by LinzColbalt; 06-12-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-12-2010, 09:49 PM

I have a solution to ur problem! Its a Chevy.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LinzColbalt
Thanks... ME TOO!!!! I might not sell it now.... falling back in love with it... <3 Let's just hope that the CEL stays off... Or I might cut them... haha...
Glad it worked out for you. Thank you for being hot.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah you should put another good pic of yourself on here for us lol. Every girl around here drives a red or blue or white Cobalt LS, dudes drive LT's and some in there 30's one I've seen so far drives a Black SS/SC and also just saw a Mustang 2006 Saleen Reg Flag edition lol.

So let me ask you this why did you pick out a Cobalt SS/SC? Also every girl on here is pretty much a crown jewel
Old 06-13-2010, 12:33 PM

I picked it because my dad brought it to my work for me to look at and drive... I didn't even know it was a cobalt he was bringing up... I went out back got in it... drove around the block... Fell in love and it was mine.... Paid a great price for it... I'll never be upside down in it... My pops probably new bringing it up I was gonna buy it... And maybe i'll put some new pics up...

Crown jewel??? what's that mean?

Last edited by LinzColbalt; 06-13-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2010, 12:43 PM

Post up more pics!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Crown jewel??? what's that mean?
It means that he is saying every girl on this site is hot.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by rnjmur
It means that he is saying every girl on this site is hot.
Pretty much this is mostly a dudes site, If you get your finger nails dirty we bow down before you lol

That's awesome I've always wanted a Cobalt back in 05, I use to drive a 1991 GMC Sonoma for about 10 years, still have her, So is this going to be your daily driver? or do have future plans of maybe possibly trying your skills in a autocross? ( cone course in a parking lot, school lot etc ) It would be cool just too see how good of a driver you are in general
Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 AM

I have actually had the car over a year and a half... So yes it is my daily driver... But I am starting to think they did not fix it... It took me three times to start it this morning... I am gonna call GM.

And I have to figure out how to put more pics up today sometime time...
Old 06-14-2010, 11:30 AM

I have actually had the car over a year and a half... So yes it is my daily driver... But I am starting to think they did not fix it... It took me three times to start it this morning... I am gonna call GM.

And I have to figure out how to put more pics up today sometime time...
No way, man something is smelling fishy if it took a GM tech to come by and take a look at your car, maybe it might be an electrical issue/computer issue, this might of been asked but have they ran a dignostics test on your car, maybe there might be a code showing on the info stating what it is, otherwise your car is really specially, if anything is really ever wrong with your car something should pop up like a check engine light at least for a clue, there is no way it should take 3 times to start your car. My truck it takes two times to turn the key to get it going because it's really old and just have a tune up on it.

I remember I had a 2001 dodge interpid ( never will buy a dodge again ), for one it was used, long story short, the engine broke down after the first year of having it, in the end I paid more than what the car is worth I got rid of it.

Well there is still a ray of hope, at least the dealership can help you out, for me if I want my dealership to help me out I have to drive 2 hours just to get there lol
Old 06-14-2010, 12:12 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by KoriCobalt
No way, man something is smelling fishy if it took a GM tech to come by and take a look at your car, maybe it might be an electrical issue/computer issue, this might of been asked but have they ran a dignostics test on your car, maybe there might be a code showing on the info stating what it is, otherwise your car is really specially, if anything is really ever wrong with your car something should pop up like a check engine light at least for a clue, there is no way it should take 3 times to start your car. My truck it takes two times to turn the key to get it going because it's really old and just have a tune up on it.

I remember I had a 2001 dodge interpid ( never will buy a dodge again ), for one it was used, long story short, the engine broke down after the first year of having it, in the end I paid more than what the car is worth I got rid of it.

Well there is still a ray of hope, at least the dealership can help you out, for me if I want my dealership to help me out I have to drive 2 hours just to get there lol
It has had a check engine light on... Its an intermittent problem, so it comes on and off. The GM engineer has not came down from Detroit yet... But I am definitely thinking that it is not fixed, a 17,000 mile car should start right up rain or shine. Even if its 5 degrees outside! I am starting to get really pissed off!!! I wanna take my car and drive it up GM's ASS!!!

It was driving Great on Friday when I picked it up and slowly but surely it is driving more like ****... This is a ******* NIGHTMARE!!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:32 PM

Filing for lemon law and goin through all the BS is as much of a headache as it is tryin to get your car fixed. If they havent fixed it by now they probably wont and you will just keep dealing with this crap, I feel for ya!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:48 PM

Here is a new pic...

And I know... But I love my car and want it fixed!!

Old 06-14-2010, 12:53 PM

OMG girl you are a cutie! ... Have the checked the block for any issues? Maybe thats why the manifold had a crack in it.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:57 PM

I am not sure but I will have to check with them... And thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Banned

Did they check this...... This may be a repost but have te checked your barometer sensor. Map sensor and have they checked for oil sludge. The gap of the plugs the type of the plugs is the car stock all the way around. Do u drive in humid weather. Reason why is it cn possibly skew your maf....
Old 06-14-2010, 01:09 PM

Lovin your car is a good thing but maybe gettin the paperwork started isnt such a bad thing. After all a car is just a car and who knows you might end up with a brand new one in time over it, but ya gotta know once they find out you filed its all over for takin it in for this to keep tryin to fix it. They will be told by GM not to touch it. How far do you go before enuff is enuff?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
Did they check this...... This may be a repost but have te checked your barometer sensor. Map sensor and have they checked for oil sludge. The gap of the plugs the type of the plugs is the car stock all the way around. Do u drive in humid weather. Reason why is it cn possibly skew your maf....
I live in Utah so humidity is a no go... It is very dry here... And The car is stock all the way around... I didn't want to do anything to it until the warranty was up for this specific reason!! So They can't blame anything on me... I am taking it back in tomorrow... That's why I change my own oil and everything, so The dumb asses at Jiffy Lube dont **** it up... I get everything for the oil changes/service from GM...

Originally Posted by kart29
Lovin your car is a good thing but maybe gettin the paperwork started isnt such a bad thing. After all a car is just a car and who knows you might end up with a brand new one in time over it, but ya gotta know once they find out you filed its all over for takin it in for this to keep tryin to fix it. They will be told by GM not to touch it. How far do you go before enuff is enuff?
Im not sure if I can qualify for the lemon law, I am the second owner.... But with it being under factory warranty I am not sure...

Last edited by LinzColbalt; 06-14-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-14-2010, 03:01 PM

Been following this thread. It amazes me being a GM Tech and GOING TO SCHOOL FOR IT. How there so many MOCHANICS working @ dealers these days. too easy to turn wrenchs and be on the line. Amazed how they shotgunnd soo many parts on your car. The parts jockey,shopforeman if 1 and service manager should all b fired. a hairline crack as you indicated would have shown up if the vehicle was properly diagnosed. A FUEL PUMP...HUHHHH. LOL. what fools. Anyways glad to hear your car is fixed. i cant seem to under stand why a vacuum test wasnt performed. hailine crack would have been found if he testd the vehicle right. Sorry for ya misfortunes. PS DONT GO BACK TO THAT DEALER. Your vehicle and how it was handled. BIG GM n the motorcity osnt happy and someone will lose there job trust me i seen it happen.

IS IT ME OR DOES OUR CHEBBY CHICK LOOK LIKE SHE CAN LAY THE SMACKDOWN ON THEM JDM HOES!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Banned

well hopefully they do something, damn gm.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:26 PM

Here is a new pic...

And I know... But I love my car and want it fixed!!

Wow!!!

Fully body shots please!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:16 PM

Angry

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS BACK ON!!!! I WANT TO KILL SOMEONE!!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Banned

yup so im mad you didnt show up. we needed a pretty girl in a ss/sc
Old 06-14-2010, 10:54 PM

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS BACK ON!!!! I WANT TO KILL SOMEONE!!!!
First start by killing GM mechanic for not fully investating the error, then you can kill the factory that made your cobalt
Old 06-15-2010, 11:37 AM

I am now driving a Silver Saturn Outlook.... and I wanted a corvette! lol