Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Help me please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They've probably payed for a corvette with all the hours spent on the car...
Old 06-15-2010, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I try so hard to not rip the heads off of the GM guys... I know its not particularly their fault... And if any of the guys that work there see this, I am sorry if I am a pain in the *ss, but I cant help it... I have had enough and want my car back (fixed)!!! lol and I am sorry again for being that way...
Old 06-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do u know if they have checked for a improper ground
Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 PM

They just called to tell me that they checked my air filter and it was WET!! how the F does it get wet?!? It was a down pour this last weekend but it still should not be getting wet. They also said it had a couple drops of water in the intake and hoses.

I think that the place my air filter is located is Stupid as Hell and its a designer flaw... I think it is different in the 08's and newer.

So is he telling me that every time I run over a puddle of water or it rains that my car is gonna run like **** and the CEL come on??

It has to be that maybe they did not put the car back together right on Friday and when it started raining it got wet?

Any answers will help...
Old 06-15-2010, 06:53 PM

well small puddles no but the bigger puddles you should try to avoid yes. in the wheel well there is a small opening where water is prone to get into to and can be sucked up into the intake.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by outtamymind
well small puddles no but the bigger puddles you should try to avoid yes. in the wheel well there is a small opening where water is prone to get into to and can be sucked up into the intake.
But that doesn't make sense, Why now all of a sudden when I have owned the car through 2 winters and springs...
The air filter has been brought up so many times by them and other dealerships that have worked on it why would no have noticed in the last 6 months that it was wet with how may times they have checked it...
and wouldn't the car be running rich if its not getting enough air?? not lean... or do I have it backwards?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:06 PM

i heard the OP was gonna post ****
Old 06-15-2010, 07:46 PM

OP? ****?

I thought I was talking about my car... pffffff.... men....
Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 PM

No ****? oh well then ill be getting the flock out of here
Old 06-15-2010, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by LinzColbalt
But that doesn't make sense, Why now all of a sudden when I have owned the car through 2 winters and springs...
The air filter has been brought up so many times by them and other dealerships that have worked on it why would no have noticed in the last 6 months that it was wet with how may times they have checked it...
and wouldn't the car be running rich if its not getting enough air?? not lean... or do I have it backwards?
no you have it right. not enought air = rich. and i dunno for all i know they could have been hosing down the motor and moisture got in there. or they didn't reinstall it properly the last time they had it out. from what i recall the stock filter housing is pretty well gaurded against water. you still don't want to drive through a massive puddle speeding
Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Banned

i drove threw the same storm you did and i didnt have that problem but i have had it many times in the past and it only last a day or two then i just have to delete the code
Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 PM

Yeah that's crazy the air filter getting wet, unless there's a leak or a crack in your air filter box, your car is by far the most interesting with an issue well so far no one really knows what it is but a lot of maybe's.

It would be crazy if that's all that's causing was the air filter
Old 06-16-2010, 11:10 AM

I just don't get it.... I would think if it was the air filter that was causing it, wouldn't the car pull a rich code and not a lean code... Or does the car not do that?? And hopefully they put it together wrong and it just got a little wet...

I am so stressed out about this.... I don't want to be shuffled around dealerships because no one can fix it!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:35 PM

**** that piece of ****. Growing up I was a chevy fan. Nothing else. Not anymore. The cars have no quality behind them.

Honda all ****** day.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:06 PM

Going to pick her up in 3 hours.... We will see if it was just a fluke....
Old 06-16-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by sethphillips
**** that piece of ****. Growing up I was a chevy fan. Nothing else. Not anymore. The cars have no quality behind them.

Honda all ****** day.
OP, sorry to threadjack but I need to know... "sethphillips", if you're a Honda fan, and that's only your second post on this forum, and you hate Chevy, why are you here...? On a Cobalt forum...? When the Cobalt is a Chevy...?
Old 06-16-2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lapila82
OP, sorry to threadjack but I need to know... "sethphillips", if you're a Honda fan, and that's only your second post on this forum, and you hate Chevy, why are you here...? On a Cobalt forum...? When the Cobalt is a Chevy...?
Yeah really, I mean your a little out number here and super bold to say that lol. In January I had a choice between getting a 2006 Acura RSX Type S with 50,000 miles on it or a 2008 Cobalt Sports Coupe with 5,000 miles on it within my budget.

Anyways yeah hope that bug will be fix and taken care of Liz, true to the balt, for me if I had that same issue I would of given up by now honestly lol.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 PM

Lindsey is my girlfriend. I introduced her to this forum. And honestly I look at the cobalt as a girls car. Like the pontiac sunfire was. I don't race so I don't car what's faster. So don't make this a ***** messuring contest.

All I have to say with my knowladge in the car industry and what I have seen happen as far as the problems we have had with her slobalt ss. The first day she got it I looked over the car as far as wiring and was shocked they would alow a car to roll of the line with electrical tape hanging off wire loom in the engine bay.

Terrible. Just for refrance. my hondas motor is 10 years old has over 125k on the motor and I have never had oil leak from my valve cover... lindseys cobalt has like correct me if I'm wrong lindsey but like 20k miles on it. And the valve cover has leaked twice! I mean come on really??? I rest my case. Good day gentalmen.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:19 PM

Hers is just a POS then...no offense.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rissa
Hers is just a POS then...no offense.
None taken, I personaly think its a lemon. That one in a million. I wish she would just get rid of it. It would save the headache of her running to the dealership back and forth every week. So she can drive a rental for a few weeks. Its just anoying.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned

so you dont have a ss? or a cobalt? gtfo the forums ******
Old 06-16-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by blk06cbltss
so you dont have a ss? or a cobalt? gtfo the forums ******
Lol. Say's a dude driving a cobalt.

Look I'm not here to knock the gayest car made gayer buy a guy in tight pants that owns one.

I'm just here to help with the problems my girl is having with this thing. And voice my opinion on the problem.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by sethphillips
Lol. Say's a dude driving a cobalt.

Look I'm not here to knock the gayest car made gayer buy a guy in tight pants that owns one.

I'm just here to help with the problems my girl is having with this thing. And voice my opinion on the problem.
I know there's no offense taken here lol. But still you come out pretty strong with saying that the cobalt is the gayest car ever made. Just saying it's not the wisest thing to come on here and talk shizknight about the balt.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:32 PM

Ok really, lets all take a breath now.... Seth should not have got on here to say a ******* word about my car... I already know his opinion on my car, thats your opinion not mine...

This forum is for cobalt owners not anyone else...

And Rissa, you can keep your little opinion to yourself because what seth had to say about it wasn't accurate...

Its not the cars fault the GM tech's have not been able to figure it out and instead throw on brand new parts to fix it (not really solving the problem is it)... The car has had the CEL on for running lean, u figure the possibilities of what it is, pretty high up there in number.

Got the car back today. fuel trims sitting at a 9 instead of a 16 or 17ish where they have been while the CEL is on.

The light is currently off and they drove it like 150 miles today... The car might be fixed... we will see...

So lets just all be friends ok???
Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Banned

welll you know you can read forums without posting gay ass ****. go back to your lil honda forum and talk about how you like to wear chaps while big black men lube your ass and shove bbd's in it.

1 vote from me that you get a mature boyfriend haha

Last edited by blk06cbltss; 06-16-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost