Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

I dunno wtf....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MastaShaKe_88
meh... me an Cats have never vibe'd well... I'm jus not a cat person
Oh well in that case, it's certainly justifiable to run them down with your vehicle, our apologies.

Injian... an I ran over a cat one time.. fucked up everything damn good... but I couldn't stop smilin about it
Proud day for you here as well. It could have been someone's pet, maybe a kids, that didn't come home because you don't "vibe" well with them.

Originally Posted by CannonBalt
It's pay back for you wishing it was a cat.

What's the difference between a cat and a dog? They're both animals that don't deserve to be run over.
I also agree with this comment.

The dealer most likely will not cover any broken part(s) because the damage occurred during a road incident. Nothing failed/broke entirely on its own, but rather as a direct result from the impact. I'm unsure of your intentions behind taking the car to a dealer apart from their techs performing the diagnostic work needed to identify the problem. But if you are hopeful to get the damage replaced without coming out of pocket, your likely going to need to contact your insurance provider. Obviously though, your deductible will need to be paid assuming you have one.

Last edited by ROTARYFDTT; 02-09-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by ROTARYFDTT
The dealer most likely will not cover any broken part(s) because the damage occurred during a road incident. Nothing failed/broke entirely on its own, but rather as a direct result from the impact. I'm unsure of your intentions behind taking the car to a dealer apart from their techs performing the diagnostic work needed to identify the problem. But if you are hopeful to get the damage replaced without coming out of pocket, your likely going to need to contact your insurance provider. Obviously though, your deductible will need to be paid assuming you have one.
If you read the op, he states that he hopes it's not something crazy so he doesn't have to spend all his mod money to fix it. To me that sounds like he knows it's out of his pocket.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 AM

here's a pic of my IC while it was on the flatbed...

if it looks stock... its cuz it is the only damage I see on the underside is the lil air dam got disconnected on the passenger side an its hangin low.. easy fix tho
has plastic on both sides of IC, thats where the crack is, in the pic the black plastic off to the side looks damaged there should b more plastic and a screw mount in that plastic which secures the catch (which is missing). Sure looks like your gonna need a new intercooler start shoppin around (hopefully it was on your upgrade list/funds then its a win win
image below has the catch on still, see how it mounts INTO the plastic part (has orange in pic), now look at ur pic, compare the two..........

The top intercooler in the below pic is STOCK SS/TC, see the bottom IC ignore it, look at the SS/TC IC, look at the bottom of the IC thatswhat your ride is now missing

Took me three seperate trys before i found mine (it was from bumping a parking stop). Im actually waiting on my new MPx IC, its in the mail

Last edited by victoryredturbalt; 02-09-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 AM

Arrow points to what looks like a broken end piece. Probably where the catch mounted.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was it a rat dog
Old 02-09-2012, 10:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol, zzp intercooler time!!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:58 AM

My car did this (same code at least) when the IC blew, the IC blowing broke something else. Cant remember what the dealership said, a sensor in my engine that reads something about cylinders?? Either way my car basically wouldnt start, would shoot multi coloured smoke out when you did.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by cranemaster
My car did this (same code at least) when the IC blew, the IC blowing broke something else. Cant remember what the dealership said, a sensor in my engine that reads something about cylinders?? Either way my car basically wouldnt start, would shoot multi coloured smoke out when you did.
Was this ever resolved for you, cranemaster?
Sarah
GM Customer Service
Old 02-09-2012, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Cust Svc
Was this ever resolved for you, cranemaster?
Sarah
GM Customer Service
Yeppers, though I think me new one might be broken again too.

Too bad GM cant just let me put on one that's uhhh, not made of plastic lol.

I live in Canada - Cant have important pressure holding devices made of HARD brittle plastic >.<

I bring all my family and friends insurance claims to their bodyshop, so they treat me well... They probably WOULD let me get away with an after market one. But I guess I might as well use my warranty, just sucks the OEM one is so easy to break/damage/hangs so low in comparison to after market ones.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:24 PM

son of a BITCH yall might be right welp... guess I should shop around a lil.. Whats a good "cheap" option to go with? I mean cheap as in low price.. I'm not droppin 700 for a Hahn IC....
Old 02-09-2012, 02:26 PM

AND do you think a new IC would fix this? and would I have to go get retuned if I got an aftermarket one? say... TR8 or ZZP? I got some springs comin in the mail 2, I know the TR8 sits high, but what about the MPX and ZZP one? I think ZZP used to have an option for a higher mounted one or somethin...
Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 PM

Shouldn't need a tune just for a new intercooler.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by ROTARYFDTT
Proud day for you here as well. It could have been someone's pet, maybe a kids, that didn't come home because you don't "vibe" well with them.

I also agree with this comment.

*le sigh* you didn't read the other post where I said I only hit a cat because it ran out onto the highway, an kept runnin back and forth infront of my car while I was trying to swerve out of the way.. I wasnt TRYING to hit it.. but I didn't feel bad about it, that cat was suicidal

and if this comes down to it, then yes, I will be following up with my insurance.. thank you for your keen advice
Old 02-09-2012, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by klloyd
Shouldn't need a tune just for a new intercooler.
do you think it's gonna throw anything off tho? with an aftermarket one???
Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 PM

I smashed the **** out of a cat back in the body kit days. Was late at night and it came right out of the woods into my bumper. There was blood and ***** hair all over!! sorry for the bad joke, i tried....

you should be fine without a tune, would just be cooling more air then you were. but i'm sure someone will chime in if i'm wrong.

Last edited by klloyd; 02-09-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:09 PM

hmm.. Well now, I'm lookin for a new IC... I found a stock one on Ebay for pretty cheap.. How's this look, its a good price... 2008 2009 2010 Cobalt SS HHR Intercooler OEM Turbo | eBay

I'm between this and the TR8 so far....
Old 02-09-2012, 04:18 PM

i almost smoked a raccoon the other day (the day i put my razzi front bumper on) but i hit the breaks and stopped rather then seeing how well my car can handle curbs and such.... didnt break a thing
Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM

That thing looks like a shovel, you praly woulda been ok either way
Old 02-09-2012, 04:21 PM

should learn how to drive......

o **** wrong thread
Old 02-09-2012, 04:22 PM

lmao cmon jerk
Old 02-09-2012, 04:25 PM

I would say if you can afford it go with the TR8. Replacing it with another stocker only gives you so much time before it breaks again and a used one is just more time off that clock.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:32 PM

lmao cmon jerk
Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 PM

Intercoolers & Pressure Piping

i went with MPx as i have heard it has best fitment, fits just like the stocker, good for over 20psi . stocker is good for stock boosr, from what i have read around here. Also they have the pimp lookin hahn on sale like half off.

PS loo at the last pic of the ebay intercooler, looks damaged

Dealer tell u what it was yet?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by victoryredturbalt
Intercoolers & Pressure Piping

i went with MPx as i have heard it has best fitment, fits just like the stocker, good for over 20psi . stocker is good for stock boosr, from what i have read around here. Also they have the pimp lookin hahn on sale like half off.

PS loo at the last pic of the ebay intercooler, looks damaged

Dealer tell u what it was yet?
Ya I saw them, I got like 8 dif tabs open comparin my options Half off for Hahn an its still $500

I can afford the Hahn one, it's not all about price.. but I dont wanna go buy a spankin new IC, an that only be part of the problem ya dig...?

I went to the dealership earlier to snap some pics of my wheels(Oh, yea they're for sale btw ) an to grab my headlights, and they still dont know anything about anything..

ZZP used to sell 2 dif Intercoolers, but now they only have that one, and you have to buy it as a kit w/ their IC pipes

No-Go ZZP....
Hahn? $$$$$$$-
I'm lookin at MPX or the TR8

the Ebay one was jus up cuz it was cheap and a stock replacement
Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM

You dont have to buy the kit with zzp its on the site think its 380 and awesome my buddy just got one... are you selling just two tc wheels then since the other two are messed up/bent lol? if so pm me!

Quick Reply: I dunno wtf....