Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

I Hate Gm And My Ss

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Hate Gm And My Ss

My battery light has been on for a couple of days and the other day the car shut off while i was driving. so i had it towed to the dealer to check it out

well i can't get them to replace anything on my car, my alternator has killed two batteries my stock one and a aftermarket one, , and they said they can't do anything becasue i have N20 and intake and my clutch is making noise (damn clutchmaster is still f'up)

i was like what does that have to do with the alternator, and they said i have a aftermarket system in my car (10" sub in the truck) i told them that came with the car, and the aftermarket battery is what killed my alternator, so i asked what killed my first battery then, and she said she is not a tech so she can't tell me, so i have been on the phone with cusotmer service all morning arguing that none of my mods have anything to do with my alternator, and that my system is stock, and the only reason i have a battery in is because the stock one died and i needed to get the car out of the road.

but they said they voids my warrenty on the alternator

i regret getting this car
Old 07-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Banned

Join the club. I've got intake/exhaust and they are telling me because of that it broke brackets.. clips etc. Go Go GM...
Old 07-19-2006, 11:55 AM

It's your dealer thats fucked not your car call gm or talk to the service manager

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SS for life hah? Maybe not.......
Sorry to hear that bro.

I f customer service can't help ya' out, i think it's time to get a lawyer. Mention Magnusson-Moss to them and see if they change their tune a bit
Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 AM

Go to a different dealership man. Remove the bottle and hide the lines, or temp. remove the kit. Charge the stock batt. and drive it to the other dealership. See what they have to say. Either that, get it in writing to prove what they're saying. Magnuson Moss act bro. Let them know. If you need the number to GM Direct, give me a call again so I can hook you up.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:02 PM

Go to your nearest dealer and ask for help. If they don't give it to you, kick their asses.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:10 PM

It is the dealerships fault, not GM. Contact GM on this issue, be honest and they may recommened another dealership. As a tech, I would fix your problem, because I don't see how the parts you installed have anything to do with the alt. going bad. Most likely it was the original battery that caused damage to the alt. Also, remove the N2O, for saftey sakes, before taking the car in!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by NJBLUESS
It is the dealerships fault, not GM. Contact GM on this issue, be honest and they may recommened another dealership. As a tech, I would fix your problem, because I don't see how the parts you installed have anything to do with the alt. going bad. Most likely it was the original battery that caused damage to the alt. Also, remove the N2O, for saftey sakes, before taking the car in!
At least there are still some honest hard working technicians out there still willing to fix peoples cars for the right reasons. Good on you man. We definately need more techs like you.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:17 PM

I agree its not GM's fault. There are good dealerships and bad. Find one that will help and speak to a regional GM manager if they wont. I also agree that its probably best to take that aftermarket battery out and charge the stock one and take it in. If there is an aftermarket battery they can and will always point the finger at that.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
At least there are still some honest hard working technicians out there still willing to fix peoples cars for the right reasons. Good on you man. We definately need more techs like you.
Thank You! Sometimes I think most people don't see it that way.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:39 PM

i called customer service and spoke to the head person there, some lady and she said all she can do is listen to the dealer because she isn't there.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:05 PM

So much for the SS4life moniker.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by YoAdrian
So much for the SS4life moniker.
jsut go to another dealer were they hire smart ppl
Old 07-19-2006, 01:23 PM

You are talking to the wrong people. Request to speak to the Service Manager not the customer service manager. Your talking to the head car saleseman at that point.

Also show up in PERSON. Doing it over the phone is BS because it is too easy for people to brush you off.

Trust me I went round and round for months with a Dodge Dealership because of a Dodge Avenger I had before. Dealing with the Service Managers is the way to go.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:09 AM

the service manager told me to call customer service, i am going up there tomorrow because they never called me back
Old 07-20-2006, 12:38 AM

It's your car DO SOMETHING. Take it in to get serviced. Those people in the service department have real live people that drove, pushed or pulled there to get their cars fixed. Many are just calling in to see if they can get a quick answer. Do you think they give a rats ass about you or your car they can't see? If one place doesn't help go somewhere else make an effort to get your car fixed.

Have aftermarket parts? If you don't understand the aftermarket laws or what your rights are or the rights of everyone involved don't buy something then blaim it on GM or the dealership. The dealerships can be timid too about fixing a car with parts they may or may not know about and it isn't their job to fix an AEM or ZZP part (used as an example). Calling in and spilling your guts about parts installed only serves to make the dealer suspicious so again take your car in.

These comments are in no way directed to any one person(s) but people need to take responsibility as a whole with their investments, and or purchases and need to do what is neccisary to keep their investments from falling to the pits.

16k miles later and here is my list of problems with my car that needed service.

sun roof rail 2 weeks into purchase. Took it in : fixed resolved done.

Have a nice day.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:19 AM

One of my friends with an srt had a similar problem. He blew his turbo and even though it was the MOPAR STAGE KIT they gave some bullshit why it wasn't covered by warrenty... the law suit is still pending...
Old 07-20-2006, 01:25 AM

Dodge is different. the various stage kits from dodge are NOT covered under warranty. Another place where GM steps up and Diamer Chrysler steps down.

So yes... the GM stage kits covered by warranty are in my book the better deal.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:35 AM

It was only the stage 1 kit which IS covered by warrenty
Old 07-20-2006, 01:42 AM

Ahhh so no aftermarket done to it... then yes if he blew the stock one it is covered by that amazing warranty.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:42 AM

wow ur dealer sounds pretty bad. do they still think that ur sub is aftermarked?! take her to the showroom and show her the subs on other cobalts!

hope things are gonna work out and they'll replace the alternator for you! keep us posted
Old 07-20-2006, 01:18 PM

the customer service person called and said if i take the car back to stock they can check the car out, and if its the alternator they car warrenty it, then when i get to the dealer he said they won't be able to warrenty it because they have to tell GM why it went bad and they don't know why. so i called the customer service back and they said there is nothing they can do about it. so i asked how much it would be to check the alternator (we don't actually know if its bad) and they said 100 bucks and he is going to check it with a mulitmeter, i work at pepboys and we charge $20 and use a machine made for checking it with print outs and everything, i said are you serious i can do that myself, so i am having the car towed back to my house (5th time this car has been towed) and checking it out myself and calling clutchmaster to see can i get a refund on the piece of crap they sold me, and get a spec.

so all in all GM will beat around every bush possible just to save a buck to keep from going bankrupt
Old 07-20-2006, 01:21 PM

Again all of this is with your same dealer SS4Life. Every time.

Just deal with another dealership. Please for the love of pete!

Unless you don't have one in your area... in that case you have my apologies.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by SS4LIfe
so all in all GM will beat around every bush possible just to save a buck to keep from going bankrupt
You're coming to this realization now? The moment I heard of all of GMs' problems is when I decided to stay mostly stock! I will also purchuse GM Performance Parts when moddtime comes which will be later in my warranties life. I wonder how much hassle you'd be getting if you would have gone the same route?

Quick Reply: I Hate Gm And My Ss