Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

I Hate Gm And My Ss

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.... look man the only reason they wont cover anything is bc u told em u diddnt have these problems until U tried to put the clutch in at least thats wut the service manager told me sry dude
Old 07-20-2006, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by carbombss
.... look man the only reason they wont cover anything is bc u told em u diddnt have these problems until U tried to put the clutch in at least thats wut the service manager told me sry dude
then the service manager is a retard. the installation of a clutch has got NOTHING to do with the electrical system.

The battery thing is kinda iffy too, but man, that should have been covered under warranty as well, why didn't you take the battery in and make them replace the damn thing then take the aftermarket battery back?

Call GM's 1-800 # and start dealing with their reps.

though I disagree with putting nitrous on the car, I think that'd make any dealer not want to work on it because they're going to think "Meh, Kids looking for cheap speed, he's beating the hell out of this car" but whatever.

This stuff isn't GM related though. I mean it is, but man, Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc, have all done this to customers who mod their cars. ALL of them. And Honda's been accused of outright voiding warranties by catching kids racing at the track. (apparently that falls under using the car outside of it's normal parameters which voids the vehicle warranty.)
Old 07-21-2006, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by carbombss

he said he won't cover it because he thinks the wire from the N2O switch is the problem, i said its been like that for almost a year, and i told him the car sat for two months trying to fix the clutch, and he said well its probably what you did with the clutch and i said there is no wiring to do the clutch, then he said no one else has had this problem so it must have been something you did(i could be the first duh), this coming from a guy that didn't know the ss came with a sub in the back, and he was just looking for a way out and i guess he found it with the switch for the n2o so since i have no leg to stand on i said **** it i will tow it to pep boys where i work and drop the trans and check the alternator with a real machine. he did apoligize for being a idoit and telling customer service i moddedfied my system but for some reason i don't think that will help. all he really had to do was check the alternator and say yes its working or no its not, but whatever i just got tried of going around and saying "WHAT DOES A CLUTCH HAVE TO DO WITH A ALTERNATOR"

and ps if he was smart he could have just said the pulley over spun/didn't spin it enough
Old 07-21-2006, 12:40 AM

and clutch masters won't take the clutch back, but i think its the slave and i have a new one to replace it with.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:32 PM

i dropped the trans today, and the slave went bad, it was getting stuck, and wasn't going in and out smooth so i changed put the trans back and am going to finish it up tomorrow hopefully this will clear us the clutch problem and i can do the alternator test tomorrow, my stock battery is bad, it won't hold a charge i should get a free one under warrenty but i doubt i will.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by SS4LIfe

but they said they voids my warrenty on the alternator

i regret getting this car
Why? its your fault you voided the warranty.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:33 PM

Why? its your fault you voided the warranty. Its not GM's fault once so ever, or a fault in a GM product. YOU caused the problem, now deal with it.

Damn vb forums and their edits that lead to double posts!
Old 07-23-2006, 04:05 PM

You can just delete the first post and it doesn't always double posts when you edit...

oh yeah...i'm not questioning the voiding the warranty thing....just the fact that they want to blame everything on something you did is wrong. When we took the car in bc the roaters had big grooves in them, they tried to tell us that no one had that problem before. And it was funny bc when my boyfriends mom bought an SS, her roaters were already starting to have grooves and it's brand new. I understnad your frustration dude! Just don't back down from the fight though.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:10 PM

people dont realize they have to be EASY on their new car for the first 500-1000 miles. Most woman brake HARD, and more so at the last minute, hence why brakes are failing and eating rotars.

The other problem is, there are too many cobalt owners who think the car is a race car, or a performance machine... its far from it. This is why you are seeing dealerships NOT willing to take in a vehicle.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kemo
people dont realize they have to be EASY on their new car for the first 500-1000 miles. Most woman brake HARD, and more so at the last minute, hence why brakes are failing and eating rotars.

The other problem is, there are too many cobalt owners who think the car is a race car, or a performance machine... its far from it. This is why you are seeing dealerships NOT willing to take in a vehicle.
Are you kidding me? Most woman brake Hard and more so at the last minute??? That was a horrible assumption. And her roaters where grooved when she brought it home from the dealership....so how was she suppose to be EASY on her car if she just drove down the road home??? I was just telling a story and commenting on the story and relating to it. Not trying to fight about anything...
Old 07-23-2006, 04:40 PM

Kemo, no offense buddy but it seems like you just got into these forums with your wopping 30 posts, and have no real idea the problems that occur with these cars. The alternator should be warrantied even if he did change the battery as long as the battery was 12v. The slave cylinder and clutch is an ongoing problem I've had as well as many others. Hell for that matter my headgasket let loose yesterday on my 2nd engine that's in the car. So before you make assumptions based on your experiences, you might want to do some more research!

SS4Life - I feel for you bro. I wish I had got the Subaru now. My car goes back into the shop tomorrow.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:56 PM

well it is the trans, i am pretty sure it was the trans shop that cost it, it wasn't making any noise when i took it to them, and they said they will give me a refund but they don't want to be liable, so i am thinking take them to court or just take the 200 buck. when the trans cost 1500-2000
Old 07-24-2006, 02:20 PM

Was the flywheel resurfaced? It's probably the slave. I still have a slave noise.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:20 AM

no its the trans there is a new slave, and when you spin the wheels its a clunking noise and both wheels spin and i don't have LSD so the diff get lock together but it comes apart and locks back after a couple more spins and the noise is coming from the diff.

the trans shop guy said i was trying to jack him and that the pressure plate is making the noise, but if you press the clutch in the noise goes away, so if it was the pressure plate it would make the noise all the time i am going to try to get half of the money without going to court, and he put the wrong tranny fuild in.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:20 AM

no its the trans there is a new slave, and when you spin the wheels its a clunking noise and both wheels spin and i don't have LSD so the diff get lock together but it comes apart and locks back after a couple more spins and the noise is coming from the diff.

the trans shop guy said i was trying to jack him and that the pressure plate is making the noise, but if you press the clutch in the noise goes away, so if it was the pressure plate it would make the noise all the time i am going to try to get half of the money without going to court, and he put the wrong tranny fuild in.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:37 PM

1) Go to another dealer
2) The battery should be the same as oil,oil filters, tires, brakepads, air filters, etc and you should be able to replace them with something equal and they cant say anything about it, this falls under the Magnusson-moss act regaurding aftermarket parts. (most idiots think that the magnusson moss act covers performance parts, but it really concerns replacement parts)
Old 07-30-2006, 04:39 PM

if he put the wron tranny fluid in take em to court, that is WAY over small claims though, you may want to contact a lawyer first and see what you can do about it... they should replace the tans...
Old 07-30-2006, 04:46 PM

yeahh.. see i know im really late on this post, and i dont feel like reading all the posts.. but i searched for the Magnuson Moss act on google and this is what i found.... Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))
Old 07-30-2006, 11:51 PM

Hot damn... something useful as far as information goes. I wonder how many have won their case by bringing that up?
Old 08-20-2006, 10:22 PM

i got my car put back together and the alternator is still not charging, when it was running i checked the belt and it wasn't spinning, turned it off and i could move the belt with my hand. i checked the crank pulley and the bolt on it was loose. i took it out with my hand. either god hates me or someone is out to get me, i took it out and i didn't see a key in it, but no groove on crank for the pulley key i tightenit back down and it spins fine now but i don't know how it happen. but the alternator isn't charging still.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:01 PM

My battery light has been on for a couple of days and the other day the car shut off while i was driving. so i had it towed to the dealer to check it out

well i can't get them to replace anything on my car, my alternator has killed two batteries my stock one and a aftermarket one, , and they said they can't do anything becasue i have N20 and intake and my clutch is making noise (damn clutchmaster is still f'up)

i was like what does that have to do with the alternator, and they said i have a aftermarket system in my car (10" sub in the truck) i told them that came with the car, and the aftermarket battery is what killed my alternator, so i asked what killed my first battery then, and she said she is not a tech so she can't tell me, so i have been on the phone with cusotmer service all morning arguing that none of my mods have anything to do with my alternator, and that my system is stock, and the only reason i have a battery in is because the stock one died and i needed to get the car out of the road.

just return your car to stock and bring it to a diffent dealer and dont mention ur intake, n20, ect. They should be able to help you, unless they give you the **** about the battery again, in that case, just get another that wouldnt have warranty problems and go to a diff dealer.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Banned

i agree i had a ****** gtp and the dealers were dicks i put a cam in my motor and it had intake exhaust computer 3.4 pully and the motor blew but i went up to gm RAGING ALL HELL about how this couldnt blow my motor somehow 4 days later i had a new motor for free i dont know if it was me bitching out the service manager or what but it worked
Old 08-21-2006, 12:11 AM

You think you have problems, get this. 3 weeks ago on the highway I could not engage any gears. Had it towed to dealer for the repair. They call me to tell me its internal and its not covered because of my mods. Well for the past 3 weeks they never call me and I have to call them. Same story next week were getting the special Saab tools to open your trans. I had enough so I went to the dealer at nite when only sales is open. I tell them I need to get something out of my car. I see my trans on the bench so I decide to investigate. Turns out it was the linkage pivot arm EXTERNAL roll pin which reqiures NO trans removal and pays less then an hour to replace!! Next day I storm in and ask a tech I know to look at my trans to verify. He says "Oh yea they knew what the problem was all along, but they were pissed and getting back at you for warrenting you head 4 months ago." Now tommarow I have to fight to get my car back because I REFUSE to pay for the trans removal!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by eastcoastz
He says "Oh yea they knew what the problem was all along, but they were pissed and getting back at you for warrenting you head 4 months ago." Now tommarow I have to fight to get my car back because I REFUSE to pay for the trans removal!
wow that sucks. what happened to the head(s)?
Old 08-22-2006, 10:24 PM

i changed the alternator and still the same problem i do have a CEL that i need to find out what that is and go from there i guess.

Quick Reply: I Hate Gm And My Ss