Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

I Hate Gm And My Ss

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dstinsman56'sgirl
Are you kidding me? Most woman brake Hard and more so at the last minute??? That was a horrible assumption. And her roaters where grooved when she brought it home from the dealership....so how was she suppose to be EASY on her car if she just drove down the road home??? I was just telling a story and commenting on the story and relating to it. Not trying to fight about anything...
It's a sterieotype. And it's honestly true. Ever see a car nosedive at a stoplight? Most likely a woman drive lookig in the back seat yelling at one child to stop touching the other.

BOT.

SS4Life is getting the usual modified car runaround. He has a clutch, and Nitrous. THose two things alone scream "Driven hard, put away wet." Of course a dealership is going to tell him to go DIAF. If I were a manager and I see a car modded to hell and some punk kid comes in bitchign about warrenty work I'd give him the finger and take the heat that GM sends my way. Better to have a bit of heat by telling off one coustomer that could have costed me thousands by fixing problems he caused than doing just that aformentioned. Especially when I make thousands of old grannies happy by changing the oil in their 91 buicks. A sucessful dealership is a buissness first. A good dealership is a garadge first and a good dealership usually closes shop after a decade.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:16 PM

cel was from disconnecting battery i might have got a bad used alternator because i got my old one tested and it was bad and then new one is doing the same thing
Old 08-30-2006, 06:38 PM

So, update?
Old 08-30-2006, 06:54 PM

Common sense to not take it to the dealer with the n20, i know since my car is moded thats its a good pos, it can break sometimes, i just fix it myself or take it somewhere else.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBalt
yeahh.. see i know im really late on this post, and i dont feel like reading all the posts.. but i searched for the Magnuson Moss act on google and this is what i found.... Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))
You are part right and part not. GM doesn't have to prove anything at first. They can say what they think the problem is, and its up to YOU to prove them wrong. This could involve expensive tests by experts to do. They know that the average person isn't going to go through with that. If you can't prove what GM said what happened with actual hard facts that will stand up in court, you have just lost my friend. I've seen it all the time.

Here's the entire Magnuson Moss Warranty Act: http://www.seniormag.com/legal/lemon...gnusonmoss.htm

Pay close attention to this section:

(c) Waiver of standards
The performance of the duties under subsection (a) of this section shall not be required of the warrantor if he can show that the defect, malfunction, or failure of any warranted consumer product to conform with a written warranty, was caused by damage (not resulting from defect or malfunction) while in the possession of the consumer, or unreasonable use (including failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance).

Shortbus and SpecialK are right with their comments. I would tell you to take a hike as well if I saw N20 in a car that came in for service. Common sense should of told you to take it out before bringing it to your dealer. You have lost that battle.

You won't see any tears from me for you....it sucks but oh well.

Last edited by marerick007; 08-30-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:03 AM

I already brought a new one should get it tomorrow or friday, i just hope this sloves the problem.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Grimlakin
You are talking to the wrong people. Request to speak to the Service Manager not the customer service manager. Your talking to the head car saleseman at that point.

Also show up in PERSON. Doing it over the phone is BS because it is too easy for people to brush you off.

Trust me I went round and round for months with a Dodge Dealership because of a Dodge Avenger I had before. Dealing with the Service Managers is the way to go.

haha, Dodge Avenger....That was my previous car i had before the SS/SC...