Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

ignition recall work question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ignition recall work question

so here it goes. I recently borough my car to the dealership to get my key out of the ignition as it was stuck and can't pull it out.. or turn off the car.. so had work done, picked up the car and drive it. drives fine but I'm no longer boosting 20 - 22 psi with my gms 1 .. but I'm at 16 maxed boost and pegged there.. I have a feeling I lost my ecm flash.. all that happened was getting the ignition lock replaced with a new key.. my question is do you think this would cause my ecm flash to be lost.. my battery did die over night so that could have done it to..

I bought the car new.
I bought the gms1 from gm and they installed it
went back to the dealer ship to see if they could see if the service would of done anything but they said it's just the mechanical device that was replaced...

gonna go to dealership when I get time to see if they can verify I hAve it installed through scanning it with the tech 2..

is this a possible thing to happen

Posted from Cobaltss.net App for Android
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 PM

They shouldn't have re-flashed your ECM. Even if they did... if the GMS1 upgrade was installed at a dealership, your tune is tied to your VIN. So anytime the ECM is programmed it will install the Stage 1 software.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:45 PM

Ok, so my next concern is, why am I only hitting 16 psi. Like I said before the car had the ignition recall take place where the key gets stuck inside the ignition and you cant remove it or turn off the car. Was repaired under warranty. I was boosting 20 – 22psi that day when I would do my daily turbo exercise lol.. but now its not even passing 16psi. I talked to the advisor and he said he didn’t see anything except the SS1 package which I thought would be the stage 1 from gm, but he said “possibly because it is dense outside (cooler outside around 45 degrees), that could be a reason why, NO POSSIBLE WAY am I going to lose 4 – 6 psi from dense air… If anything it would drop or gain about a psi or so….

When I picked up the car, I was given a new key, SO that means they had to reprogram the car to allow that key to work right? Im just trying to make sense on how the car dropped 4-6 psi and then having the advisor tell me that nothing was changed, but just the mechanical portion of the ignition tumbler set… any word of advice / information would help… either way I am going to the dealership to see if I can get a tech to scan my car for the gms1, my next concern is if for some reason they show me that its NOT gms1, hopefully the bosch map sensor and the GM performance badge will show that I did infact have it and if they can just reflash it for me.

If its all good, I guess ill have to do a boost test on my charge pipes and stuff since something or someone must of loosened it when I had the car sit at the dealer ship…