Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAR WILL NOT START WITHOUT PRIMARY o2 SENSOR

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAR WILL NOT START WITHOUT PRIMARY o2 SENSOR

Ok so ive had a start problem for the past 2 days, the problem started when I was changing to a wideband o2 sensor which has two outputs narrowband and wideband, I wasnt finished wiring it up and normally the car does not require an o2 sensor to start the car, (my cavalier o2 sensor was unhooked for months without my knowing it other than a code) the first time i started it , it did work one time, however as soon as I shut off the car it never started up again unless the car was push started.

Today I finished up the install (sort of) of the wideband, or at least enough to function as its supposed to. Started right up after that several times, I think its way too much of a coincidence that the car did not start while it was unhooked and then it starts again now, there must be some relation between this. This must be something that GM has implemented on newer cars that they cannot start without 02 sensors

So I wanted to get this information out there for anyone else that has this problem, I dont know if its been posted already, or also if others can confirm these findings. Maybe add it to a known problems sticky or something.

Im uber happy the car starts now
Old 03-04-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
Ok so ive had a start problem for the past 2 days, the problem started when I was changing to a wideband o2 sensor which has two outputs narrowband and wideband, I wasnt finished wiring it up and normally the car does not require an o2 sensor to start the car, (my cavalier o2 sensor was unhooked for months without my knowing it other than a code) the first time i started it , it did work one time, however as soon as I shut off the car it never started up again unless the car was push started.

Today I finished up the install (sort of) of the wideband, or at least enough to function as its supposed to. Started right up after that several times, I think its way too much of a coincidence that the car did not start while it was unhooked and then it starts again now, there must be some relation between this. This must be something that GM has implemented on newer cars that they cannot start without 02 sensors

So I wanted to get this information out there for anyone else that has this problem, I dont know if its been posted already, or also if others can confirm these findings. Maybe add it to a known problems sticky or something.

Im uber happy the car starts now

Im having the same problem now. I had a engine pwr reduced show up on my dash then discovered it was the converter. So I had the o2 sensor out it started the first time but now it will turn over but wont start. What you think?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:40 PM

I would expect this on the turbo cars but kind of surprised it's this way on the supercharged ones.