Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Issues... Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issues... Intake?

So here is the story. Gf backed into my car w/ her equinox and the hitch went through my front bumper (pretty low), but no damage beyond plastic as far as that goes. I tried driving it but the impact had killed the motor. I tried starting it and it idled for a few seconds before dying - the RPMs were bouncing for the few seconds it ran.

I tried again and was able to drive the car the to dealership to see what was going on and on the way there I noticed substantial power loss, so I checked the boost gauge and it was running in vacuum the whole time, anywhere from -23ish to -4 psi.

The dealership told me I had a missing intake clamp, but if I couldn't get that piece separate, I had to buy it with the snorkel. So instead of buying that, I cut the rubber notch out of the snorkel and was able to use a regular hose clamp to fix the problem. The blew p0101 and p0302 codes, which I cleared once we fixed the intake issue.

Now for the current issue, which I believe is tied to the original intake issue...
After running just fine with a normal hose clamp on it, went to start it the next morning and it will not even stay running. It idles for a second or two before getting cut off, and there is a smell of gas in the car... Could this be a fuel pump regulator issue? Has anyone had any other problems? I will be taking a deeper look this weekend to see if I can figure out wtf is going on...