Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Key Less Entry Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Key Less Entry Problem?

I just bought a used 2005 Chevy Colbalt LS great car and fun to drive. But i have two problems.
One, No factory sub looks like someone took it out there is a spot for it with a wire hanging out but i can get one off ebay cheap. but thats not my big problem.
Second, The car didn't come with any keyless entry pods and i know it had to have one because the alarm goes off until you stick the key in. I was wondering if by getting some off ebay that they could be programed to work the listing says it would but i don't wanna buy it if it won't thanks.

heres the ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVR...60715836QQrdZ1
Old 05-01-2006, 02:27 AM

Did you buy it from a dealership, or a private seller. You should have the key pads if you have the electric door locks. If not I would worry about the previous owner using them to get into your car and stealing stuff.

You might want to talk to a dealership.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:42 AM

I got it from Avis a car rental company and they suggested new expensive dealership ones and would sell them to me for there cost because they run through a local Chevrolet dealer for sales.
But the agent said he would check into it so i am going to see them monday.
And i need to work out a problem with the oil change because the oil sticker in the window has been adjusted to look like it had a new oil change but the car computer says only 35% oil life.
If the car wasn't so smart they would have got away with it.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:00 AM

They might have forgotten to reset the computer. I had that happen at the dealership last time. Best way to check is look at the oil on the dip stick. If it is not translucent, than it probably wasn't changed. The lowest I have seen my computer read was in the 50% range, and that was at 3,000 miles. If it reads 35% I would bet the oil is pretty dark colored if it hadn't been changed.

To reset the "oil life" press and hold both buttons on the dashand you will go into a different set of options. Scroll through the options until you find the "oil life reset" to reset the oil life. Pretty simple.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

Exclamation My Problem

Alright this really doesnt go with what this dude was saying but it had a title that would work... so, my transmitter stopped working yesterday and i figured it was a dead battery so i put a new battery in it and it still isnt working. i went to the dealership today and they said the have to reprogram it which is 40 dollars so i said no thank you and came home and did some research. i found out the the battery that i took out of the transmitter was actually good, so this leads me to believe that the problem is a little bit bigger than what i was hoping. if anyone has any answer solutions or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-19-2006, 05:22 PM

Well if the battery is still good, it sure sounds like you're out 40 bucks to have it re-programmed. Of course, I suppose you could always claim warranty on it. It is a GM part, after all...worth a shot!
Old 12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Banned

yeah but i dont see why the **** it would be working fine one second and then be fucked the next, i mean is it going to become unprogramed just because it feels like it, lol.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can try to resync your transmitter to see if that helps. I've seen them become unsynced to the vehicle before. It's pretty easy to do. All you have to do is stand real close to the car(within a few feet) and hold your lock and unlock buttons at the same time. Keep it held down for at a little while. Your door locks should lock and then unlock after a few seconds. Sometimes it may take up to 30 seconds for this to happen.

If that doesn't work, then it is possible that your car lost the programming or the transmitter is bad. To check your transmitter, you might have to check to see if you can borrow a Kent Moore tester part number J-43241 from your dealership. You can use it in front of them because it's just a small box with a pad on top and a switch. You turn on the switch and put the transmitter on top of the box where the pad is and you press a button on the transmitter. If it's good, it will beep. If not, silence
Old 12-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Banned

thanks dude i tried the first thing but it didnt work so im going to the dealer probably tommorow to use that tester. also bump for more input.