Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Little Known Service Bulletin on 2006 Cobalts

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a big enough deal for Chevrolet to issue a rare bulletin to its dealer mechanics without notifying the public. And, no, I'm not bashing the Cobalt. It just happens to have a service bulletin in the context of my story that is interesting.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltDude06
he is just saying that if you have a bad fuel guage then you end up spending more money on gas do to the faulty reading making you think your car needs gas when it doesnt

some people dont pay attention to how many gallons it holds
how do you pay more... You think your empty then it only takes 7 gallons... 7 gallons you would have had to put in anyways...

Originally Posted by Andy Wise
It's a big enough deal for Chevrolet to issue a rare bulletin to its dealer mechanics without notifying the public. And, no, I'm not bashing the Cobalt. It just happens to have a service bulletin in the context of my story that is interesting.
Theres the key word... So insignificant that if its a problem then they will fix it, but its not a big enough deal for a recall....

Last edited by 07SSCharged248; 03-31-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 PM

Jayhawk, maybe you need a vacation or something...the attitude is really unnecessary. I'm just using the Cobalt example as one of many in my story. I'm looking for a driver because a consumer's testimony enhances the bigger picture (where to find the extensions/bulletins, how they come about, etc.) of our story.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 07SSCharged248
how do you pay more... You think your empty then it only takes 7 gallons... 7 gallons you would have had to put in anyways...

Theres the key word... So insignificant that if its a problem then they will fix it, but its not a big enough deal for a recall....
very true but you know how some people are if they see they are below half a tank they go put more gas in im not saying im one to do this but alot of people will like there gas guage to stay above half so if its a bad guage they are constanly putting more gas in when they dont need to
Old 03-31-2008, 12:35 PM

I'm leaving to go on a shoot. I will check the thread when I return this afternoon.

Thanks! Andy Wise, WMC TV Action News 5, NBC Memphis
Old 03-31-2008, 12:38 PM

Jayhawk, maybe you need a vacation or something...the attitude is really unnecessary. I'm just using the Cobalt example as one of many in my story. I'm looking for a driver because a consumer's testimony enhances the bigger picture (where to find the extensions/bulletins, how they come about, etc.) of our story.
Way to back down, and give up... Im done with this thread, all im saying is i cant believe there isnt something worth while for you to be doing... I mean between an election and a war... But hey thats why some people watch local news i guess... I myself could care less about whether a blender is worth buying or not or any of that other consumer report crap..
Old 03-31-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are quite a few of these that aren't issued to the public. Technical Service Bulletins - issued to mechanics to assist if a customer mentions a specific problem, but not deemed to be a safety issue, therefore no recall is issued.

They ARE made available to the public, but not in the form of a mailed notice.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/tsbsearch.cfm - search page

Only imminent safety issues are recalled.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:44 PM

hey andy i might be able to help you with this news segment i will let you know later if i can or not
Old 03-31-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltDude06
jermz you and stu should come down and the three of us could be on the news segment
LoL I gota have Stu buff my car first. Im sure he will have to buff his and yours. We all gota get hair cuts stuff like that.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:54 PM

yeah my car needs to be buffed real bad
Old 03-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member

as far as i can tell this is just a news guy doing his job, looking for storys to report on. every news story doenst have to be about huge groundshaking events, so if you cant help him on the story please dont be rude to him, just ignore the thread and move on.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:37 PM

brain is right and this is a local news guy and im thinking about being the cobalt for his news segment

Last edited by CobaltDude06; 03-31-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:40 PM

Sorry about my earlier suspicioins Andy. It must've been the line "I'm not a spammer" that put me off.

It's all good around here though. The folks here are some of the most helpful you'll find in any car forum.

Good luck with your story!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:44 PM

My fuel gauge is fucked up, but I'm in NY, lol
Old 03-31-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by jimbos'ss
so your gonna bash on the cobalt because of one tsb that you find news worthy
Exactly why I bashed him the last time he was on here. His thread was deleted by a mod and he went and made another one!!??

Get a hint buddy. We don't support media bias around here. How about telling us exactly how this news report is going to go. 10 bucks says the tone of the report is a negative bash on GM and the automotive industry with a hint of horror story.

:l ock:
Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by roadrage06
Exactly why I bashed him the last time he was on here. His thread was deleted by a mod and he went and made another one!!??

Get a hint buddy. We don't support media bias around here. How about telling us exactly how this news report is going to go. 10 bucks says the tone of the report is a negative bash on GM and the automotive industry with a hint of horror story.

:l ock:
his last thread was deleted and he was banned because it was reported as spam and the moderator that checked the report didnt look into as well as he could have before deciding it was spam, in most cases its better to error on the side of caution when dealing with spam but in this case mr wise got caught up in it. hence he was unbanned.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:54 PM

Yep...the media is notorious for selling a story to individuals, getting the material they want, then re-cutting it to support whatever they want it to....

Bunch of liars like most politicians...
Old 03-31-2008, 01:56 PM

andy wise is not a spammer he is a local news reporter here in memphis there really is no need to bash him i mean what did he ever do to you
Old 03-31-2008, 02:01 PM

can i also add to this that if he's not getting the information he wants. why the hell does he keep coming back on OUR forum and insulting OUR intelligence by saying things like, "do i have to spell it out for you". WTF dude, does your boss know you're a dick to the people controlling your ratings? What college taught you your public relations skills. Why the hell doesn't he find some little old lady who owns a cobalt and might care instead of posting on a forum run by people running 250+ HP cars who really don't give a **** about fuel economy. Not to mention we know our cars inside and out and if there was something wrong with it we'd know before he did and know exactly where to go to get it fixed.

This news report is for the little old lady I mentioned who is gonna take her 2006 cobalt ls with 1000 miles on it straight to the dealer as soon as she sees the report on the news. The GM tech is gonna tell her she's not one of the 1 is 6 trillion cobalts that has this problem and she's gonna ask him, "are you sure, because i saw on the news....".

Andy Wise, go away.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:39 PM

And sometimes people wonder why GM seems to turn a deaf ear to "enthusiasts".
Old 03-31-2008, 03:49 PM

f**k, this isn't about fuel economy, it's about faulty level sending equipment.

While yes I do agree that I would probably never lend a hand to Andy after insulting an entire community, and as a result I don't think he has the best intentions for us.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by denlou
f**k, this isn't about fuel economy, it's about faulty level sending equipment.

While yes I do agree that I would probably never lend a hand to Andy after insulting an entire community, and as a result I don't think he has the best intentions for us.
Where did he insult anybody, except when he bristled because of the attitude here? All we've shown him here is bad attitude, as seen below:

Haha wow.. I pray my job is more significant when i get out of college....
If there is faulty equipment in your car, wouldn't you want to have it fixed, or at least know about it? How about if the supercharger was faulty and not boosting enough - would you want that fixed?

Grow up people.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by css9450
Where did he insult anybody, except when he bristled because of the attitude here? All we've shown him here is bad attitude.

If there is faulty equipment in your car, wouldn't you want to have it fixed, or at least know about it? How about if the supercharger was faulty and not boosting enough - would you want that fixed?

Grow up people.
I addressed that in my post. If you own this car and don't know it's not boosting enough and don't take it to the dealer.................you probably shouldn't own this car. He's asking the wrong people.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by roadrage06
He's asking the wrong people.
I agree there.

CobaltSS.net - We're too cool to care!!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by css9450
I agree there.

CobaltSS.net - We're too cool to care!!
Decal anyone?

Agreed the vast majority on here and this is the first I've heard of it. The issue obviously only effects a small number of owners thus Gm did not do a major recall. As for the "Secret TSB" how many drivers actively seek the TSB info?

As this is a forum for owners to research there cars and learn which sadly the majority do not (to which the op's audience is) I can understand and in his mind going to a localized collection to find owners is a good idea but its the side you not getting thats the problem.

This will become a look another American Auto Maker has a defective part on thier car you should go buy that import instead thier much safer - Story.

God forbid more money needs to leave this country.
And for what?

A tsb that effects maybe a 1,000 people?
Out of the X00,000 Cobalts made?
I own a 06 and no fuel gauge issue so for all it matters I don't care.

Quick Reply: Little Known Service Bulletin on 2006 Cobalts