Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?
View Poll Results: Whats the best route for my wallet / car's safety?
Get exterior locks rekeyed only leave ignition alone
0%
Get all locks/ignition rekeyed/ reprogrammed
100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Long drunk night story, with a Rekey question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Long drunk night story, with a Rekey question.

I had a very long bar night this weekend and got way more drunk than I ever needed to be. I don't remember 100% everything, but I was somehow shuttled from the bar to a strip club. (first time ever to a strip club actually...) I was so drunk I threw up outside and wasn't even let into the club. (big time fail for first time at one...)
Here's the worst part... I lost my phone and keys possibly at the club, which I luckily was able to get back my phone by a very honorable person. (its a new iphone4 and he didn't even want 20$ for all of his trouble of contacting me and returning it.)

Since I couldn't go in the club and also lost my phone, I was stuck and my drunk ass couldn't figure out what to do. (taxi... i know... hindsight is 50/50..) I was given a ride home by some random people I honestly can't remember much about. It is possible that my keys that I lost that night were in fact taken/ lost in their car and not the club. I was so thankful for the ride I let them in and shared a smoke and a beer before passing out while they left with my beer and smoke-ables. Now they know where I live and saw all of my electronics. I'm getting my home re-keyed today and was hoping to do the same for my cobalt, which they most likely saw siting out front. Just to top everything off, my spare key is with my parents in a city 6 hrs from me, but are overnight them to me as soon as possible. I tried to get a replacement for my 2009 ss at the dealer, but they were unable to do anything without me towing it in as it has a chip that needs to be reprogrammed.

Anyways, does anyone here have an idea what I would expect to spend if I wanted to get my locks rekeyed for my vehicle? Would it be best to only have the exterior locks rekeyed and leave the ignition alone since it relies on the coded key?

I know I'm a ******* and this crap shouldn't ever have happened, but it did. This story is the simplified version, but it was a crazy night. Lost over $450 worth of stuff this night, but at least its my first drunkness mess in my life. (wasn't able to go to bank that day, and was EXTREMELY stupid and have $250+ cash in my wallet, all of which was gone by the end of the night.) My only excuse to this night is that I'm still new to the bar scene. I've only been 21 for about 3 months and I've only been to a bar a handful of times so far. As my first drinking shenanigans night it could have been worse, at least I didn't wake up in a jail cell or had the crap beat out of me by random strangers giving me a ride home.

TL;DR- Drunk night, possibly lost keys in strangers car who took me home and took a few things from me. Need advice on getting car rekeyed, new locks, or getting keys reprogrammed.