Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

LSJ: creaking and squeaking while running

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 03:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
LSJ: creaking and squeaking while running

various sounds popped up under the hood overnight. not sure what they're from.

first one is probably obvious but I'll ask. on startup and rev, i hear squealing from the belt on the engine or that general area. but I assumed it was the belt. I never remember hearing it when I go to park after driving a mile or more.
I'm running a 3.0 pulley on stock belt, so could that be too loose of a belt? or is it just worn?

second problem is only during rough shifts and slow cruising. old clutch is shot and new clutch isn't in yet so some shifts are gonna be hard and bounce the car around, but when I do that I hear creaking from the front end. I thought it was just early morning squeaks from the 10 year old suspension, but it keeps happening right after startup. haven't yet tried rolling over a speed bump to listen for creaks but can I assume it's not engine/tranny mounts?

third issue I forgot about when I started this thread. if my car sits for 6+ hours, i hear the slightest high pitch screech when I start moving. lasts like 20 feet. STILL putting off replacing a loud wheel bearing so that may be its dying scream

hoping that some of this is from the car sitting + my anxiety but I wanted more educated opinions.