Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

LSJ Jerking/Hoping and then Stalling out

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSJ Jerking/Hoping and then Stalling out

Ok now before anyone jumps down my throat I have searched and read many posts and I am pretty sure I know what the problem is. I would just like some other ppl's opinion as well. Long story short I just had ZZP install a new IC pump, a new ZZP radiator, a used but in great condition H/E, plus a brand new from the factory LSJ Intake Manifold with brand new laminova cores, and finally a brand new O2 sensor. Also before they gave the car back to me, Tim drove it all around and made sure their tune was right and everything was running good. Everything has been running great and smooth until this morning. I started the car up and immediately the car started jumping rpms and getting so low the car would almost stall out. As I gave the car gas the rpms would move but then stop and no matter how hard I pressed on the gas nothing would happen. Then when I let off the gas the car almost stalls itself out. Then when I finally get it on the road and begin accelerating the car jerks like a mother lover. As I begin giving it gas, the car starts accelerating then stops accelerating and the whole car feels like it is hoping and lunging forward. No matter though how much gas I give it, the car keeps jumping and lunging back and forth quickly as the rpms jump as well until I either shift or let off the gas. The damn thing feels as if it looses all power. Today though as I let off the gas the damn thing stalled out twice in traffic and everyone was like hey WTF man and flipping me off and honking at me. Man people are so rude!

After I was able to limp it to a safe location off the roadway on my scan gauge I pulled up the CEL List and I am throwing codes (P0103, P0133, and P0300.) From what others have posted and what I have read sounds like possibly my MAF sensor in my Injen CAI is dirty or bad. Or that I need to clean my TB? Do you guys agree or do you feel like it could possibly be something else. Also is there anything I can scan on my Aeroforce gauge that would help me isolate the problem?
Old 02-21-2014, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My apologies for posting in the wrong section. Mr. B or 07MetallicSC could either of you change the location of this post for me?
Old 02-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
it helps if you post the codes and definitions and in the right section

P0103 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit High Frequency -PCM
P0133 HO2S Slow Response Sensor 1 -PCM
P0300 Engine Misfire Detected -PCM

I have read on the o2 that a few people have had problems with slow o2 unless it was a gm part I have had the same problem so I just turned it off as for the maf I would clean it if that did not work I would shoot the wires and then repair or replace as required