Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Multiple problems that could use discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple problems that could use discussion

Okay so there are a few gremlins that I can't fish out.

1. On a cold start, the car will squeak. It's coming from the belt or one of the pullies obviously. It use to do it when I was GMS2 but now that I changed the pulley and tensioner (oversized), it does it worse. It takes longer to warm up in the mornings than it use to but once it warms up, it goes away.

2. The squeaking goes away and is replaced by a light chirp or whistle possibly coming from the same thing. I can't determine which pulley the noise is originating from no matter what I do and it only chirps when it gets past 2000-2500 rpms. The car runs strong and everything, the noises are just a huge annoyance.

3. Exhaust ticking. God I hate the sound of it. I've run my hand around every exhaust connection there is but I still can't find the leak. Any suggestions?

4. A griding sort of noise. When I take off from a stop, I can hear a sort of griding noise. Like the axle is rubbing into the frame (my buddies Jetta slammed on its nuts makes the same sound when it's self notching the frame) but it's sparatic. Its not the clutch cause it makes the noise even when I'm off the clutch, I dont hear it anymore past 3000 rpms and it only happens in first.

Any help with these issues is much appreciated. The car is running really well after all the mods, it's just the little things I can't figure out