Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Need help with my ss sc

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with my ss sc

hey guys so i got a few problems with my car. First i got my new rims puton about 3 weeks ago ( Rial Nogaros) and ever since ten the steering wheel is shaking at high way speeds. What do i need to do to fix this. Do i need a tire balance or a allignment. Second i just got my car lowered ( Eibach Sporlines) and i keep hearing this souns in the back left of my car when i go over bumps. I sounds like something is ratteling. When i look at the car from the outside the left rear side looks a little different then the back right side. I have no idea what this may be.

Lets her some suggestions

Thanks alot guys
Old 04-13-2008, 04:01 PM

for the shaking i would say that your tires need to be balanced, alignment is for if your tires are wearing funny or its pulling to one side. I dunno about the suspension though.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do yo u have the spirngs seated properly on both sides,
For the shaking does the center of the new rims fit nice and tight on the center of the hubs,if they where custom drilled maybe they were not drilled properly.

Post a pick of the rims on the car showing the Center and the studs so we can see them.

Last edited by Coblasts; 04-13-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-13-2008, 07:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am having the exact same problem with my car and the nogaros and have had the tires and wheels balanced and remounted several times. What tires do you have? I have goodyear eagle gs-d3s and it turned out that after a road force test 3 tires were bad. I got 3 new tires from goodyear and have the same problem still, but the problem goes away when I go back to stock wheels. I had the rims tested too and I think I am having very bad luck with tires. Here is my threat with lots of posts: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/wheels-tires-96/rial-nogaro-wheels-steering-wheel-shaking-104799/
BTW, hub centric rings are not needed for cobalts and rial nogaros. I used some and they cracked. Don't use them. Let me know if you solve your problem.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS118
I am having the exact same problem with my car and the nogaros. What tires do you have? I have goodyear eagle gs-d3s and it turned out that after a road force test 3 tires were bad. I got 3 new tires from goodyear and have the same problem still, but the problem goes away when I go back to stock wheels. I had the rims tested too and I think I am having very bad luck with tires. Here is my threat with lots of posts: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104799
BTW, hub centric rings are not needed for cobalts and rial nogaros. I used some and they cracked. Don't use them.
Its not the tires. And yes you do need the hub centric rings. I mean F1's are gonna cause half of your problem the other half is the rings. My car did the same thing...add hub rings and bam its like a new car.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:22 PM

balence the tires and if you lowered it for sure get an alignment
Old 04-13-2008, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by 04blownion
Its not the tires. And yes you do need the hub centric rings. I mean F1's are gonna cause half of your problem the other half is the rings. My car did the same thing...add hub rings and bam its like a new car.
When I had the hub centric rings on the wheels, the wheels would not mount up properly to the axle. After I got them on, they cracked within a day of easy driving and right away I went on the freeway and had the steering wheel shaking problem. Other members with nogaro wheels have told me not to run hub centric rings as well because the wheel won't fit properly with them on and will just crack.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:37 PM

Any updates? I need help with the same problem.