Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Need help now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Need help now!

ok so i SC'd my car about 2 months ago and at first everything was great now im having a bunch of stupid problems.

1. im now loosing boost somewhere, was boosting close to 10psi on a 3.0" pulley and now im at like 7-8psi, which in turn my car is now running rich. i was running a 11.7 at WOT for a long time when i was boosting 10psi. now that i have dropped to 7-8psi i have also dropped to a 10.9-11.1 AFR at WOT.

2. i do not have coolant flowing through my in and out on my heat exchanger. i have dual pass and option b. now i did something a little different and i connected the top and bottom holes on the end plate together and have a T connection at the top and bottom, the bottom one connects to my pump and the top one runs to a smaller hose and connects to the little nipple at the top of the option b tank (this was done to get all bubbles out of my hoses) also the big hose that connects to the option b tank comes from a third connection at the top left of my heat exchanger. where as the in/out connectors are both on the right side of h/e. my pump is connected to the bottom of these two connections and the top is connected to the middle hole on my dual pass endplate.

i just recently did a boost leak test and we could not find any big leaks, just a very small one at the injectors and thatg was it, however on my intake manifold it looks as if i have 2 missing bolts. but my question is, if those bolts weren't there for the whole 2 months, how come i had no problems the first month?

any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-24-2010, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wtf.... worthless.

whatever anyways, i just bought a new pump and a new tensioner.