Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Need some help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help!!

Okay, just joined this group and this is my first post so I hope I posted in the right place. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2005 lsj and I just had a Gm performance clutch and fidanza lightweight flywheel installed. During the process of unhooking everything my buddy forgot to unhook the battery and only unhooked the positive jump terminal under the hood, it arched off the pcm. I was hoping to god it didn't fry anything. After everything was installed and hooked back up I go to start her up and my security light is on. Tried the whole relearn process and it won't work, the light never goes out. I work at a chevy dealer so I had a tech hook up the tech 2, he said that the pcm wasn't communicating so I ordered a zzp 1.0 pcm. I installed the pcm and still can't get the relearn to work. Here is where it gets weird, I starting trying a few different things and attempted to start the vehicle with the trans in reverse. When I turn the key nothing happens but when I go to turn the key backwards into the first position the starter engages and the vehicle tries to start. Nobody seems to be able to tell me what may be going on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.