Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Not sure if this should be like this

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if this should be like this

But I noticed it with all the rain we have been having the last few days....I used my wipe blades the first time and noticed on the intermittent feature that it has the little picture that shows it going from bigger to smaller and to me, means longer delay to shorter delay. But mine is the opposite. When the knob is on the bigger side, it has the shorter delay and on the shorter side has the longer delay. I didn't know if this is just how this is on all the Cobalts and they decided to be different from any other car I've ever owned, or if mine is just messed up.

I'm also having a problem with the volume button on the steering wheel not working all the time, and my fog light is burned out already. So for the last 2, its going into the dealer on Tuesday....but the other I'm not sure if I should ask about it or not.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it doesn't show the "delay". it shows the speed of the wiper.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:59 AM

Yeah, it shows the speed. Another weird little thing that I noticed is if you set the wipers to one of the lower intermittent settings (not constant low or high), once you hit about 50mph, they automatically kick it up a notch. I guess this is so you don't have to manually keep switching it as you speed up and they assume more rain will be hitting the windshield. My wife's malibu does the same thing. I don't use the wipers much though because I rain-x all the windows and it works awesome. The faster you drive, the clearer your windshield gets!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RJSS
Yeah, it shows the speed. Another weird little thing that I noticed is if you set the wipers to one of the lower intermittent settings (not constant low or high), once you hit about 50mph, they automatically kick it up a notch. I guess this is so you don't have to manually keep switching it as you speed up and they assume more rain will be hitting the windshield. My wife's malibu does the same thing. I don't use the wipers much though because I rain-x all the windows and it works awesome. The faster you drive, the clearer your windshield gets!

yea, i think that's a pretty cool feature... i just put it on the lowest setting for cruising around town... get on the highway, and they speed up automatically.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:08 AM

Huh, ok. Thats new to me, but does make sense. I never noticed on the wiper speed up...I'll have to pay more attention next time since I drive on the interstate everyday. I would use Rain-X, but I would still use my wipers a lot because I can't stand having rain droplets on my window, which you still have with Rain-X....bugs me to no end.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by katie
Huh, ok. Thats new to me, but does make sense. I never noticed on the wiper speed up...I'll have to pay more attention next time since I drive on the interstate everyday. I would use Rain-X, but I would still use my wipers a lot because I can't stand having rain droplets on my window, which you still have with Rain-X....bugs me to no end.
it's only really noticeable if you have it on a low setting, and you go from around town to the highway. if it's raining hard, and the wipers are moving fast, you probably won't really notice any difference. works kinda the same way as the speed-sensitive radio volume, if you turn that on.