Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Paint problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint problem.....

on Chevy Cobalt SS/SC paint cracking, took back to dealer, dealers repainting, and gave me rental, mileage was about 800 when I noticed it.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:24 PM

Where exactly was it cracking?
Old 07-22-2006, 06:23 PM

Cracking

Originally Posted by jerm
Where exactly was it cracking?
drivers side rear quarter under the back window right on the air stream line, about a 3x3 inch spot.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:34 PM

I've got a spot on my trunk that looks like they missed on a pass with the clearcoat. Can't really see it if you aren't looking, but it's still there.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:31 PM

the paint ******* sucks on these cars. i tried to get them to fix it, but I was informed that because I had removed my factory rims and tires and replaced them with the same size rims and tires, that I had voided my warranty.

Scott
Old 07-22-2006, 07:33 PM

On my rear of my car I've noticed red overspray on my yellow paint. Could ave been when it was in when they replaced my front bumper or from factory...
Old 07-22-2006, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Adirondack_Cobalt
the paint ******* sucks on these cars. i tried to get them to fix it, but I was informed that because I had removed my factory rims and tires and replaced them with the same size rims and tires, that I had voided my warranty.

Scott
That's bullshit. Put your stockers back on and go to a different dealership.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:57 PM

Call GM....

Scott
and report them your rims and tires have nothing to do with your paint! If that doesn't work call a lawyer and sue there ass they have to prove that the mods you made cause the damage they can't just void the warranty that against the law.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:59 PM

theres actually a law against dealerships doing something like that.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by NEOSS/SC
and report them your rims and tires have nothing to do with your paint! If that doesn't work call a lawyer and sue there ass they have to prove that the mods you made cause the damage they can't just void the warranty that against the law.
i've been on the phone with their customer service for a couple of months and they insist that there is nothing they can do. I'm telling them that how can rims make paint come off the spoiler and the front of the bumper? How can the problem be with rims and tires when they are the same size as what I took off?

the dealer network is killing me.
best of luck to you getting that fixed.

Scott
Old 07-23-2006, 02:12 AM

i've been on the phone with their customer service for a couple of months and they insist that there is nothing they can do. I'm telling them that how can rims make paint come off the spoiler and the front of the bumper? How can the problem be with rims and tires when they are the same size as what I took off?

Scott

"I'm sorry sir, you have been putting in 87 octane, that is why your seatbelt does not full retract. We have to void your powertrain warranty now."
Old 07-23-2006, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cirrus
"I'm sorry sir, you have been putting in 87 octane, that is why your seatbelt does not full retract. We have to void your powertrain warranty now."
the dealership i bought my car from informed me that because i had painted my engine cover and added red conduit instead of leaving it factory, I was jeopardizing my powertrain warranty as well... i need a good, evil lawyer... I mean Devils Advocate evil... i'd put ******* Satan on retainer if I could right now.

Scott
Old 07-25-2006, 08:33 AM

Scott
Call a lawyer and sue them or go to Pat O'Brian in Willoughby. They took care of the problem immediately and gave me a rental. They are also doing my Stage 2 and I'm keeping my warranty.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:35 AM

What dealer?

the dealership i bought my car from informed me that because i had painted my engine cover and added red conduit instead of leaving it factory, I was jeopardizing my powertrain warranty as well... i need a good, evil lawyer... I mean Devils Advocate evil... i'd put ******* Satan on retainer if I could right now.

Scott
You just need to get mean in a friendly way with them.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:47 AM

SharpSS/SC 2.0

I have about 8 spots on my vehicle where the paint has chipped (it shows white underneath it). Appears to be down to the metal. A friend who knows paint said the paint job on my vehicle is crap. I've had my car for about 5 months. Not sure if I should take it back. Really just want to wait a year or 2 & touch it up for now & then get a metallic paint job.

Can someone tell me if this paint on our vehicles is a good quality????
Old 07-25-2006, 08:59 AM

Touch up now or ........

Originally Posted by SharpSS
I have about 8 spots on my vehicle where the paint has chipped (it shows white underneath it). Appears to be down to the metal. A friend who knows paint said the paint job on my vehicle is crap. I've had my car for about 5 months. Not sure if I should take it back. Really just want to wait a year or 2 & touch it up for now & then get a metallic paint job.

Can someone tell me if this paint on our vehicles is a good quality????
the chips will get bigger this winter and rust.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:03 AM

I need to take a full day off work for these puppies. Use my mothers clay bar & use that Langkta(?) kit. Of course I have to order the kit first.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:07 AM

You got all summer left but,...

Originally Posted by SharpSS
I need to take a full day off work for these puppies. Use my mothers clay bar & use that Langkta(?) kit. Of course I have to order the kit first.
I would get it done before fall.