Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Possible argument with Stealership??? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's why I kept all my stock parts. Especially my intake, downpipe, and springs. Next time just throw your stock parts on and go to a different dealer. Or make friends with the service manager like I did.. I've gone into the dealer with my TUNE still on and have had my car serviced under warranty.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shez
That's why I kept all my stock parts. Especially my intake, downpipe, and springs. Next time just throw your stock parts on and go to a different dealer. Or make friends with the service manager like I did.. I've gone into the dealer with my TUNE still on and have had my car serviced under warranty.
If your tune didn't cause the problem they don't care. They have better things to do then snoop around on your car while not getting paid.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by emiller
If your tune didn't cause the problem they don't care. They have better things to do then snoop around on your car while not getting paid.
That's not what I'm talking about. If your car is tuned, they shouldn't do any work to your car at all because a tune immediately voids your warranty. I became friends with the service manager at my dealer and he said I can come in with any mods and they wouldn't give me **** about my warranty being voided. I'm just stating that I'm lucky.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:17 AM

That's not what I'm talking about. If your car is tuned, they shouldn't do any work to your car at all because a tune immediately voids your warranty. I became friends with the service manager at my dealer and he said I can come in with any mods and they wouldn't give me **** about my warranty being voided. I'm just stating that I'm lucky.
A tune doesn't void your warranty. It void parts of it for issues the tune caused but the rest is still there.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 AM

Okay whatever, man. That's not even the point I'm trying to make. I'm saying I can go into my dealer and still have my car serviced for free under warranty regardless of the parts/tune I have on.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Okay whatever, man. That's not even the point I'm trying to make. I'm saying I can go into my dealer and still have my car serviced for free under warranty regardless of the parts/tune I have on.
Depends on the parts you have modded vs the parts you want warrantied and the dealership itself. For example, if you blow your motor and they found out you had a tune, they are not going to honor the warranty and replace the motor for you. Now if ALL you had was a modified suspension and the motor blew, then yea they would probably help you out with the motor. But again another example is if you have an aftermarket exhaust and you get and exhaust leak, it's not gonna be covered under the factory warranty. Pretty simple. What ever you have modified from stock, unless it is a dealer option, will not be covered under the factory warranty.

Last edited by nizzle; 04-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM

He may be cool with you having a tune but if you pop your motor and bring it in with a tune on it he won't have any choice. Gm makes that decision and you can be sure they won't let it slide.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:45 PM

stiffer springs subject the strut mount bearings to more impact force. no possible way your warranty will cover it.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ clearly... that's already been determined... it's paid for and fixed
Old 04-03-2012, 01:54 PM

Why is everyone telling me things I already said I know lol.. I'm not even gonna try anymore. Because apparently everyone else knows what my dealer lets me get away with and what they don't. Good ol'
Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 PM

Why is everyone telling me things I already said I know lol.. I'm not even gonna try anymore. Because apparently everyone else knows what my dealer lets me get away with and what they don't. Good ol'
I didnt read all of your posts.... sorry. I was just referring to the one comment I replied to. And granted, if the dealership you go to lets you "get away with" stuff then it's a whole different story. But if corporate knew about mods they would deny the warranty claim..... I know you prolly already know that but just saying
Old 04-03-2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by nizzle
I didnt read all of your posts.... sorry. I was just referring to the one comment I replied to. And granted, if the dealership you go to lets you "get away with" stuff then it's a whole different story. But if corporate knew about mods they would deny the warranty claim..... I know you prolly already know that but just saying
Yeah, I feel ya. Wasn't pissed or anything haha. Yeah, I bet if GM actually knew about it my warranty would be over as well as the guy's job. Somtimes it's good when shady people work at dealerships.