Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Radiator Problem..

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radiator Problem..

Hey guys. I have a basically stock 2007 Cobalt SS/SC. I apologize in advance what may seem to be a noob question to you all.
But I recently f*d up my Radiator and AC Condensor on my car, I take everything apart, order the new goodies..and got them today. Well long story short i go to just match my new items up compared to my old and I noticed that something was mounted to my radiator. After some research I found that it may be a Supercharger Heat Exchanger?

I honestly thought before i ordered stuff that the radiator would come with the thing that was mounted to it, i didnt really think much about it heh.

But yeah im pretty sure a bunch of coolant will dump out the two pipes if I do not order whatever the deuce i need.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
Again sorry for my lack of common sense and mechanical skills.

Broken AC Condensor

New Radiator

New Radiator again

New AC Condensor to the left, and broken Radiator/AC Condensor to the right

Shitty blurry front end view

Shitty blurry front end view

This is what i need to know what it is. I googled stock heat exchanger again today, pretty sure thats what it is. Just need to be certain

My questions are:
1. Is that what is actually is? I thought those were only for front mount intercoolers (im obviously no mechanic ha..)

2. I ordered a radiator FOR a SUPERCHARGED 07 Cobalt. And I didnt even see on the new radiator where i would even mount the heat exchanger...its obviously not the right radiator perhaps? No support brackets or anything like on the stock radiator..and on the site i made sure they knew mine was Supercharged.
Also looked up more radiators, and checked out ZZP's radiators. Looks exactly the same as mine. Are you supposed to use the old supports from the old unit or something?
Old 02-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
One thread please, u got ur answer on ur other one