Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Rant! Kinda long.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rant! Kinda long.

I am so pissed, I am thinking of getting rid of the Cobalt SS/SC. Ever since I got it almost a month ago. I have been in the dealer for one repair after another. Granted, these are all stupid little things, nothing from keeping me from driving the car.

Week #1 of ownership. It all started out that I did not have the AM band on the Radio. Called the dealer and made an appt. I get there, and tell them a couple of other things that are going on with the car. Door Pulls are pealing, Wheels are flaking, FOG in the passanger side head light. Real stupid stuff. So they look at the radio and say then need it during the week to contact GM and diag. the problem, and they order the door pulls for the interior. Won't look at the head light. and told me I am screwed about the wheels.

Week #2 of ownership, I go back and drop the car off to them for the radio issue, and to install the door pulls. They tell me they need to order a radio for the car, and it will be in next week. I say, OK fine. Go out to the car and I notice the leather on the passanger door pull it sticking up. I go back inside and tell them. The tech comes out and trys to play with it and says he need to speak with the service mgr. Come back 2 minutes later and tell me the mgr. wants to order another door pull to see if that will fix it. I tell him its not going to, but I will play the game.

Week #3 of ownership part 1, I go back to the dealer to have them install the radio and "fix" the door pull. 2 hours later, car is done. NOT. they need to order the leather insert for the passanger door. I leave to go home thinking all is good. Radio works and such. I need to go out to the store and I have no radio. Go back to the dealer and they "fix it again". Wow, I have a radio.

Week #3 part 2. So today, I have to take the car to the dealer where I bought it to get the wheels fixed on the car. I get into the car at 4:30 AM this morning and driving down the road, go to turn the radio on and I have no power to it again. Since it is 4:30 in the AM, who can I call and yell at, no one. I am going to have the dealer fix it where I bought it as they are going to have it.

Week #4 (this coming week). Need to take the car to the dealer again to have the door insert installed.

I never should have traded in my cavalier for this car. I had the cavalier for over 4 years and I never was in the dealer with it as much as I am with this car.

I am so pissed that I am thinking of going to trade the car in and get something else.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:51 AM

Call GM Customer Service open up a complaint file with them...

You should be able to get something for all of your frustration.
Good Luck.

-Rich
Old 02-27-2006, 09:13 AM

The actual fix for the door panel is not the leather panel, but the cup handle. They made the rim to small (compare it to the driver side). The fix should be out soon from what I have been told. That sucks about the radio. Either the dealer f'ed it up or you have the misfortune of getting 2 bad head units.

Don't give up on her yet. You will enjoy it.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:27 AM
360 L337 User

what about the fog in the headlight, anything come from that. I have that on my driverside. but have some exhaust proplems I don't want the dealer to see just yet. I figure I will get the cat back in before I take it in. And at 8000 miles my Passanger door leather is looking shitty, like everyone else. <-- this is the Door Handle? will they have a new fix.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
The actual fix for the door panel is not the leather panel, but the cup handle. They made the rim to small (compare it to the driver side). The fix should be out soon from what I have been told. That sucks about the radio. Either the dealer f'ed it up or you have the misfortune of getting 2 bad head units.

Don't give up on her yet. You will enjoy it.
I'll talk to the dealer about the Cup Rim to small fix. See what they say.

I'm going to give it another two weeks. If all the problems are not fixed, its gone. I really like the car but, I can't be in and out of the shop every week for little fixes. I swore to myself that I would never buy a first edition car and what do I do I buy one.

Originally Posted by R33P3R007
what about the fog in the headlight, anything come from that. I have that on my driverside. but have some exhaust proplems I don't want the dealer to see just yet. I figure I will get the cat back in before I take it in. And at 8000 miles my Passanger door leather is looking shitty, like everyone else. <-- this is the Door Handle? will they have a new fix.
actually, I have not had the problem in about 2 weeks. maybe it cleared itself. The fix for it is to re-seal the lamp.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:45 AM
360 L337 User

but thats bullshit, for 20,000 the lamps shouldn't fog. and if they need a reseal then the dealer better do it. cause I will bitch till they fix it
Old 02-27-2006, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by R33P3R007
but thats bullshit, for 20,000 the lamps shouldn't fog. and if they need a reseal then the dealer better do it. cause I will bitch till they fix it

Just bitch to them, they will fix it. If not call GM Customer service directly, talk to them. That is how I got them to fix the wheels on mine. They are taking the car today.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by ccusum
Just bitch to them, they will fix it. If not call GM Customer service directly, talk to them. That is how I got them to fix the wheels on mine. They are taking the car today.
Thats how ya get **** down!!

-Rich
Old 03-02-2006, 01:20 AM

Exclamation

I never should have traded in my cavalier for this car. I had the cavalier for over 4 years and I never was in the dealer with it as much as I am with this car.
I understand that feeling! Ive had my SS/SC for a week and it's been in the shop more times then my 02 cavi I had for 3 years! Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but I wish it wasn't so.... f ed up. lol
Old 03-02-2006, 08:13 AM

Well, I think I am going to let the Coblat go.

I have been doing some research on these things, and they do not hold their value. I bought the car used almost one month ago, and the value of it already is 15.5K +/- on trade wth out the dealer even looking at it.

I want a car that will hold its value much more then that for one month.

I am looking a 2 cars, both Camaros, one is a 2002 T-Tops, the whole nine yards. and the other is a convertible whole nine yards as well. I am going to look at them this weekend. The vert I think is a 6 cyl. I know the T-Top one is a Z28 both are one owner cars.

Wish me luck!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ccusum
Well, I think I am going to let the Coblat go.

I have been doing some research on these things, and they do not hold their value. I bought the car used almost one month ago, and the value of it already is 15.5K +/- on trade wth out the dealer even looking at it.

I want a car that will hold its value much more then that for one month.

I am looking a 2 cars, both Camaros, one is a 2002 T-Tops, the whole nine yards. and the other is a convertible whole nine yards as well. I am going to look at them this weekend. The vert I think is a 6 cyl. I know the T-Top one is a Z28 both are one owner cars.

Wish me luck!
I hate to break it to you but almost every car you buy new or used will lose it's value almost immediatly after it rolls of the dealership lot. The only real vehicles I've seen that hold value are 4x4 pickup trucks, and rare cases SOME Suv's. I personally would keep the car if I was you. You will be upside down for a long time.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And those damn hondas. They hold their value. You get ripped buying a used honda as they are over priced for used vehicles.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:23 PM

Well, I got my car back from the dealer today. They were re-doing the wheels, and looking at why the radio was not getting any power.

The wheels look better the stock. I wish is was not so cold, I would take a pic and show them. Maybe I will pull it in the garage and take a pic and post.

Any way, they said that they got the radio to work. There was a bullitin about it and they tried it and it worked. When I went to get the car, get it it, turn it on and NO radio. Went bck in side and the Srvc. Mgr. says I need the Body Control Module replaced. I asked him what that is and he said it is pretty much the brain of the Car. Controls Lights, blinkers, radio and such.

My ? is, has any one had this replaced on their car? He is going to replace it on Monday as no one was in the shop to do it at 5PM on a Friday.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
I hate to break it to you but almost every car you buy new or used will lose it's value almost immediatly after it rolls of the dealership lot. The only real vehicles I've seen that hold value are 4x4 pickup trucks, and rare cases SOME Suv's. I personally would keep the car if I was you. You will be upside down for a long time.
True. When you buy a new car (any car) the moment you drive it off the lot it loses 25% of it's value.

If you want a car that will have a resell value, don't buy a sport or sporty car ever again. Instead buy a honda.

Sports cars aren't bought for resell value, they're bought for driving.