Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Rattling Noise Coming From Front End Clutch in and out...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rattling Noise Coming From Front End Clutch in and out...

So here is my problem
The Dealer keeps telling me there is nothing wrong with my clutch or transmission. But I know there is. I have 83,500km on the car, and this shouldn't be happeneing. Anyways. While idleing, And my clutch engaged, the car runs quietly with no detection of a problem

When I let my clutch out, Things start rattling, (Almost sounds like my old 96 Z24 Cavi when the Air conditioning pump was on the outs and the bearing's were gone).

Everytime I bring it to the dealership, they say, nothing is wrong, But I know. Coming back from Moncton tonight, by the Dieppe Scouduc turnoff I was turning right to head back toward Nova Scotia and while accelerating and turning at the same time, there was a horrible noise. Like a grinding, but only when I turn right. Veering left while accelerating it does not do this.

Also there is no fine line with my clutch, There is nothign and then bam, it grabs, Usually you here a clunk, or a loud click, and this is for at least the first 3 gears, and I could be granny shifting and it's still the same

Check out the vid for the noise I'm talking about. Hopefully someone can figure this out for me, So I can go slap Tantramar chev in the face for telling me there is nothing wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Pgx2SeOQQ
Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Throwout bearing.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So your throwout bearing or release bearing is covered under warrenty, 100,00km 5 year(Canada). Great I said, He agreed that there was an issue, but said he had to contact "people", to listen to the video, and get their input!! WTF. If there is something wrong fix it!
So now I am on call, for this Dude to come down to our gm dealer, so he can witness it first hand. BUT,
they say if they take my tranny apart, and find signs of abuse, my warrenty will not cover anything!
I was like ok, so you say I've drivin this car 20,000km, over a year and a half. Am still running original Factory Tires!! and you say that If the Previous Owner abused the car before I purchased it, The burden falls on my shoulder, and in essense he will have had voided my warrenty.
Flippen because I paid an Outlantas Amount for this car after financing charges and ****..
SIGH.
Kinda starting to give up on these cobalts....it's a shame