Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Replace Front Bowtie /(Emblem) With SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Replace Front Bowtie /(Emblem) With SS

So, ive completely stripped my rear end of all badges and bowties. i have them all and still deciding on where to put the Cobalt lettering and SS emblem. Butttt..... I recently bought a SS emblem off of my neighbour, little did i know he has an emblem collection of over 65. i was amazed, he had a Real nice SS emblem he had purchased off of ebay to my knowledge, long story short, its mine now ......Butt im stuck on how to install it, its going to go on the front where to Chevy Bowtie is. But, its hard to explain but the bumper is moulded for that Chevy symbol. I held the SS up to it and there would be a V gap at the top and bottom of where the S's meet. ya kinda hard to explain but i hope ive explained it so someone can help me. So my question is, is there any kind of padding i can buy made for such thing, or how would i put the SS on without remoulding the bumper because 1. I really dont have the money for it and 2. I would rather put the money else where. So if anyone could help me id really appreciate that. just want to replace front Emblem without seeing the mould made for the Chevy symbol behind it. Thanks a bunch guys!

06 Cobalt SS/SC

Mostly cosmetics, Cross drilled & slotted rotors.
Momo shift knob, Blacked out tails, few other small mods.

**When ya hear it whine, y'all be b'hine**
Old 04-05-2010, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's 2 screws that hold on the bow-tie. Unscrew them, bow tie falls off, stick on the new badge!!!! Worked just fine for me

Old 08-03-2011, 12:02 AM

Hey, you said you just popped off the screws for the gold chevy emblem? I just recently bought a new black chevy symbol without the bolts on the back. would the adhesive glue keep it on? is that what you did? just stuck it on or did you use bolts? the one i bought didnt really come with anything so i was wondering exactly i should go about putting this one on.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:37 PM

where could buy a ss badge to replace the chevy bowtie?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Yes its Yellow SS!
where could buy a ss badge to replace the chevy bowtie?
got mine from CED (www.crateenginedepot.com)
Old 02-08-2012, 01:58 PM

Where did you get a Black bow tie

Originally Posted by elitebaseball7
Hey, you said you just popped off the screws for the gold chevy emblem? I just recently bought a new black chevy symbol without the bolts on the back. would the adhesive glue keep it on? is that what you did? just stuck it on or did you use bolts? the one i bought didnt really come with anything so i was wondering exactly i should go about putting this one on.
hey elitebaseball7 where did you find a black bow tie that fits there? i've scoured the internet for it but can't find one!