Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

several probs

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
several probs

so, its been cold out and off from work so i didnt drive the balt for about 2 days ran around in another car....went to take the balt to get gas and the transmission was shifting kinda hard, figured it was the cold weather let it just sit and warm up for a bit at the gas station, then on the way back the cruise just stopped working all of a sudden. on top of that... whenever i put my car in gear normally the locks would engage and lock, since that all happened, it doesnt do that at all... and then the cherry in this great night i have the auto 2.4 whenver you push the brake it will unlock to shift from park and you can hear it unlock. well this is happening everytime i push the brakes.... maybe thats causing the lock prob who knows.....any ideas? have a dealer appt on monday
Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 AM

sounds like a problem with the computer... all that stuff is computer controlled.

do me a favor and check your underhood fuse box for blown fuses... it could be as simple as a couple of $0.25 fuses that have gone out in the cold.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:19 AM

Sounds like your flux capacitor is bad.....Try getting up to 88mph and see what happens
Old 01-24-2008, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^^^
Old 01-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tr_8301
so, its been cold out and off from work so i didnt drive the balt for about 2 days ran around in another car....went to take the balt to get gas and the transmission was shifting kinda hard, figured it was the cold weather let it just sit and warm up for a bit at the gas station, then on the way back the cruise just stopped working all of a sudden. on top of that... whenever i put my car in gear normally the locks would engage and lock, since that all happened, it doesnt do that at all... and then the cherry in this great night i have the auto 2.4 whenver you push the brake it will unlock to shift from park and you can hear it unlock. well this is happening everytime i push the brakes.... maybe thats causing the lock prob who knows.....any ideas? have a dealer appt on monday
1) tranny shifts hard till the car is full warmed up
2) the brake "unlocking" the shifter is normal. does that all the time. you're probably just noticing it because you're looking for things that are wrong. freaked me out too when i had my 2.2

As far as the others, dont know what to say. i know i've heard a bunch of problems with the cruise control before. but, the 2 above are normal.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:59 AM

reviving this thread form the dead here, but the seach for what I had only popped up this thread.... yesterday, my auto door locks in my 2006 SS 2.4 Auto stopped working... normally, they locked when you shifted into gear and unlocked when you shifted back into park, and you could only hear/feel the interlock when shifting to and from park... when I got to work yesterday, and shifted into park, my car doors didn't unlock..... I didn't have time to troubleshoot and figured it was maybe the cold weather... when I left work, however, still, nada, and I can now hear the ^%$ing shift interlock click with every brake pedal push and that gets really annoying really quickly..... is there anybody who can help with this???
Old 03-04-2011, 11:33 AM

nevermind, the vehicle apparently has gremlins.... start car after work, put into reverse, still no locking... press brake to shift into drive, didn't feel shift interlock or hear click... so, I locked doors and shifted into park *unlock*... shift from park *lock*.... shift to park *unlock*..... *shout obscenities*........ so, yeah, the car apparently fixed itself