Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Shes bucking away...when cold

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shes bucking away...when cold

So ive got an 07 ss/sc and on cold starts its bucking and sometimes almost feeling like it wants to die....i asked a guy that i work with and this is what he said...can anyone else put in there input and confirm/deny what if hes correct? thanks guys!

Man it sounds like it’s a fuel issue, either fuel filter is clogged up, or the fuel/air ratio is running to rich or it’s leaning out which is programmed into your ECM. On my camaro I installed a wide band Air/fuel ration gauge so I could monitor it and I would have to go in to the program to adjust the values of how much fuel the car needed at lower temps. Basically, your computer is either dumping to much gas or not giving the engine enough based on the outside temp. You said once the car warms up it runs fine?

I would first start with a fuel filter
Old 09-15-2011, 03:16 PM

What?
Put an engine data scanner on it and see what its doing. Fuel filter will have very little effect on what you described, it would be more noticable during high load, not idle.

What the F are you talking about going in and adjusting the values? You got a rock in your head? lol

Seriously, get a scanner, it will TELL you the AF ratio and everything else you need to diagnose it. No need for guessing.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:19 PM

nothing pops up on reader... says everything is fine.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:23 PM

close friend of mine has a ss/sc. 06 or 07 i think. when he would go to start up his car it would NEVER start up on the first crank. After he stopped and retried starting it. It would always start up on the second try. Wound up being his fuel pump going bad. but as mentioned, hook it up to a diagnostic and find out precisely what's going on. Dont just start buying parts b/c that gets expensive.
edit: maybe bring it to a tuner or someone who can look at your parameters at idle.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:59 PM

well ive got an appt with the dealership today and they are going to keep it over night because it happens on cold starts when it bucks then a little bit here in the like when i punch it during operating levels and its all still covered under my warranty
Old 09-15-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by aLPHaGoD
nothing pops up on reader... says everything is fine.
I didnt say to use a code reader. I was suggesting you get a DATA scanner and visually look at the data list for the engine. They are inexpensive these days. It will tell you exactly what your o2 sensors and every other engine parameter is seeing including Air Fuel ratios like you were asking about. On my TC, it will even show the high fuel pressure reading.

If its a fuel pump issue, put a fuel gauge on it!

Are you asking because you want to attempt to diagnose it or are you just making conversation?
Old 09-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by guitarenvy
What?
Put an engine data scanner on it and see what its doing. Fuel filter will have very little effect on what you described, it would be more noticable during high load, not idle.

What the F are you talking about going in and adjusting the values? You got a rock in your head? lol

Seriously, get a scanner, it will TELL you the AF ratio and everything else you need to diagnose it. No need for guessing.

Holy **** your an ******* idiot
Stay away from cars
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 PM

lol yea, friend of mine said your jail bait