Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

So my audio hates me now

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So my audio hates me now

Well, since about amonth in, the volume control on the steering wheel haw been on the fritz. Pushing up makes it go down, down makes it go up, sometimes it changes channels on the radio instead. No big deal, its a short in the wiring. I knew what was wrong, something similar happened to my parents minivan they got from chev last year or so. Call it in, when I bring it in for an oil change I mention it, they order the part, part should be in this week.

So Im driving up this weekend to see a movie. Music's going loud, Im just enjoying the sun and the drive. All of a sudden, the music stops. Radio still runnin, just no audio to go with it. I curse a little, but I knew all it was was a blown fuse. Sure enough, was the 20amp fuse for the amp had blown. I went to replace it, and soon as I put the fuse in, it blows in a nice bright flash of light. I curse a little more. Go buy some new fuses, since I dont want to be left without any if it blows again somewhere down the road, and try another. Same thing, blown immediately. I curse a lot now. To top it off, now that its dead silent in the car at all possible points, I notice the clicking on the turn signals is gone. Bonus, cause I hate that sound, but it means something else went to crap.

So now Im pissed, and trying to figure if all three are connected. Guess I'll find out soon whenI take it in again.