Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Special Bulletin: Fuel System

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Special Bulletin: Fuel System

So I have a 2006 Cobalt LT, and I've had it since July. I noticed since then that I was having a problem with my CEL coming on for EVAP small/large. I took it to a dealership in Charlotte and they told me nothing was wrong. Well, that code came back up yesterday during all the Black Friday craziness, and I took it to a dealership in my home town. Apparently, there's a Special Bulletin for the fuel pump because the lines into the pump crack easily. If your car is under warranty, they'll replace it, if it's salvage, they want like $600.

Well, my father visited a dealership in Tennessee, and they said they have a newly designed part. I'll have the part Tuesday and when I get the part number, because it changed, I'll post it, but I just thought I'd let y'all know there's a new part and new part number.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by jcurry
So I have a 2006 Cobalt LT, and I've had it since July. I noticed since then that I was having a problem with my CEL coming on for EVAP small/large. I took it to a dealership in Charlotte and they told me nothing was wrong. Well, that code came back up yesterday during all the Black Friday craziness, and I took it to a dealership in my home town. Apparently, there's a Special Bulletin for the fuel pump because the lines into the pump crack easily. If your car is under warranty, they'll replace it, if it's salvage, they want like $600.

Well, my father visited a dealership in Tennessee, and they said they have a newly designed part. I'll have the part Tuesday and when I get the part number, because it changed, I'll post it, but I just thought I'd let y'all know there's a new part and new part number.
The fuel pump special policy doesn't have anything to do with your EVAP leak, unfortunately. The only two lines coming from the pump are fuel lines.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Malaclypse
The fuel pump special policy doesn't have anything to do with your EVAP leak, unfortunately. The only two lines coming from the pump are fuel lines.

Well, the only way to "replace" those lines is to replace the fuel pump.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:29 AM

They recalled that ****, i have an 06 and just had my fuel pump replaced for free. are they trying to charge you?
Old 11-28-2010, 02:47 AM

Well, the only way to "replace" those lines is to replace the fuel pump.
*whistles*

Um.. Hi. The lines you're talking about on the EVAP system don't connect to the pump. They're part of the tank.

The fuel pump has nothing to do with your EVAP code. You're more than likely leaving your gas cap loose or need a new one. Get it diagnosed.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:07 PM

*whistles*

Um.. Hi. The lines you're talking about on the EVAP system don't connect to the pump. They're part of the tank.

The fuel pump has nothing to do with your EVAP code. You're more than likely leaving your gas cap loose or need a new one. Get it diagnosed.
...k, I'll explain this once again. I got it diagnosed, I have a gas leak. Because my car has a salvage title they won't fix it for free. The 2 lines that run into the fuel pump are cracked, so the only way to replace the line is to replace the entire fuel pump. If I wasn't 75 miles away from the car, I would take pictures to show you. I replaced my gas cap (cuz my last one actually was bad) but I know how to put a gas cap on, I'm not stupid. I just wanted to share information and I'm getting smacked around even though I know what I'm talking about because I've seen it for my own 2 eyes.

>.<
Old 11-28-2010, 08:58 PM

...k, I'll explain this once again. I got it diagnosed, I have a gas leak. Because my car has a salvage title they won't fix it for free. The 2 lines that run into the fuel pump are cracked, so the only way to replace the line is to replace the entire fuel pump. If I wasn't 75 miles away from the car, I would take pictures to show you. I replaced my gas cap (cuz my last one actually was bad) but I know how to put a gas cap on, I'm not stupid. I just wanted to share information and I'm getting smacked around even though I know what I'm talking about because I've seen it for my own 2 eyes.

>.<
The language in your origional post didn't seem very clear. That's where the confusion was. I thought you were relating an EVAP leak and resulting large leak code to the fuel pump issue. My mistake.

Yeah. Warranties are automatically voided on salvage titled cars.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 PM

The language in your origional post didn't seem very clear. That's where the confusion was. I thought you were relating an EVAP leak and resulting large leak code to the fuel pump issue. My mistake.

Yeah. Warranties are automatically voided on salvage titled cars.

It's all cool, like I said, I just wanted to share the info, but the code was like P0445 the large EVAP leak so yea. Glad things are straighten out now haha.