Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

transmission probs

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I DEFINATLY WOULD NOT HAVE ACCEPTED "THEIR OFFER"

I would have waitted for GM Reps to get back to you...

They gave me a Bumper 2 Bumper for 90,500 / 2011 and all I had was a bunch of stupid stuff... not gross neglegence...

I hope you didn't blow your case.

Good Luck... keep us posted.

-Rich
Old 12-06-2006, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by astrocrep
I DEFINATLY WOULD NOT HAVE ACCEPTED "THEIR OFFER"

I would have waitted for GM Reps to get back to you...

They gave me a Bumper 2 Bumper for 90,500 / 2011 and all I had was a bunch of stupid stuff... not gross neglegence...

I hope you didn't blow your case.

Good Luck... keep us posted.

-Rich
Agreed, do not accept that deal. They are still canceling your warranty for their negligence.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If this dealer puts the tranny in for free ! Your still going to pay some How.
I had a run with a tranny shop and they actually put anti freeze in my new tranny and
damaged the cv joints so they would not last very long .
Watch tour back and have them put it on the hoist and look for other things they might of done to make pay for the free install .
Ps My motto is nothing in life is free you always pay eventually !!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:56 PM

no they are canceling my warranty for abuse of how i drive the car i left and squeeled my tires in front of the distric manager when i left one day. that should be no reason to cancel someones warrenty. because they dont agree with it or the fact that they dont "like" me or the way i drive shouldnt effect my business there what so ever. i was just checking the clutch because it was suposedly slipping when i take off i wanted to see if there was a difference there wasent but thats the real reason according to gm why they pulled the warenty
Old 12-07-2006, 08:44 AM

That doesn't matter. Do not back down. Get a lawyer and walk back in.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:07 AM

Dude... fight this...

What did GM Corp say???

-Rich
Old 12-07-2006, 10:27 AM

gm corp said they had to put a clutch in the car. then i brought it back on mon with trans griding and when i left i squeeled the tires that. i abused the car and there was no warranty on the car any more and that there is no way they are going to cover this.

but my dad got the dealer to fix this due to somthing he said. i just dont care i want my car fixed and it done right. he is personaly gong to inspect the car on the lift and off as he will test drive the car too ps i will be geting back all my parts and i will see and show yall why my trans is unrebuildable acording to gm.

im still telling the news, and newspaper about this prob i have been with out a car for all most a month i want my car going again.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:33 PM

Thats rediculous that they they took your warrenty for squelling the tires...

I would find that unacceptable...

Did GM Corp say thats why your warrenty is gone?

I understand you just want your car fixed now...

But dude this is a cobalt... ***** gonna be breaking all the time...

I got 33,500 miles and just had to have my radio and trim panels replace for paint wearing off... (though my service history list is like 10 pages long)

-Rich
Old 12-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned

wow, i admit though you shouldent have squealed your tires when you left. You basically helped them prove their point. By all means though please report this to the BBB and maybe some newspapers or something. Better yet start a thread of people being fucked over by GM. Get everyones stories, facts etc. and send it all into the newspapers, BBB etc. One person just isnt enough. UNITY!!!! As one stand together UNITY!!! Proposition got it covered... (Operation Ivy)
Old 12-07-2006, 03:35 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
HA ,,, another one,,, my car is also redflagged by gm and my warranty was voided... but you know what i really don't care... more reason to tear the bitch apart.. you shoulda seen the look on the service managers face when after a week I had the car all back together and up there... he told me it would have taken em at least 2 to get it done.. then of course I asked if he wanted to see what abuse really was,, he just laughed and took my number for the other guys who's cars get voided so I can fix em and make some money on the side...
but gm sucks fat hairy donkey dick... they show so few warranty claims cause they don't fix anything... **** it thank god I"m a part time mechanic...
well good luck man
Old 12-07-2006, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
You might also want to call the GM support hotline. They might be of more assistance. Good Luck.
Forget that. GM support is just a mouthpiece for the dealer.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:12 AM

i did call the gm support line you need to read all the post.

besides i can put on all my parts " 6 months worth of stocking and research. **** it now its a street legal race car. with more track time.

i dont care any more its fine with me. it just means i will never buy dealer again. besides toyota,kia,honda,nissian 100000 mile no questions ask becouse they want to show us it breaks so what we will fix it. so you come back to buy anouther car from them again of corse within limits.

please dont take this the wrong way i love my showbalt,and my mitsubishi montero "stronger than jeep" and my F250 and my 68 cougar and my Z24 well not realy the Z24 but i love automobiles and im all so equal to all makes and models its just a strike in my book.

all cars are fast in one way or anouther. most of them.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by yellowshowbalt
i did call the gm support line you need to read all the post.

besides i can put on all my parts " 6 months worth of stocking and research. **** it now its a street legal race car. with more track time.

i dont care any more its fine with me. it just means i will never buy dealer again. besides toyota,kia,honda,nissian 100000 mile no questions ask becouse they want to show us it breaks so what we will fix it. so you come back to buy anouther car from them again of corse within limits.

please dont take this the wrong way i love my showbalt,and my mitsubishi montero "stronger than jeep" and my F250 and my 68 cougar and my Z24 well not realy the Z24 but i love automobiles and im all so equal to all makes and models its just a strike in my book.

all cars are fast in one way or anouther. most of them.

ya how much ***** you get with that f250? haha sorry dude old ford guy here gone chevy
Old 12-08-2006, 09:28 AM

the ford is my horse it pulls my mitsu and other crap any where i need to go

ps. not that much on the ford but i get alot with the 68 and the mitsu.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:25 PM

well its been awhile. but heres the run down. the dealer fixed my car. they put in the trans i bought, and repaired the wires. I had to check the car and sign off on it so i did. that was on friday.

on saterday i took the car out of town for another 300 miles and she was perfect.
the next day the mods went on strut bar, short throw shifter and i changed the exhaust again from a 3in all the way back. to a new custom 3in down pipe with a new 2 1/2 cat back system witch sounds great ill show pics in a day or to.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:42 PM

well the trans is great. i have put on a 1000 miles on so far no noise and smooth as silk