Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Vibration Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration Issue

Ok before i explain my problem ill let everyone know that yes i did use the search button

Ok heres my problem, While im stopped at a light (with the car on of course) sometimes i get really bad vibrations in my seat but then when i start to excelerate the vibrations go away and also sometimes i hear a little noise coming from underneath the car. i think the exhaust maybe loose, so i jacked the car up put it on stands and looked at it really quick and didnt notice anything so im going to take it to my mechanic on tuesday to get someone who knows what there doing to look it at it. Anyone have any other ideas on what it might be?
Old 10-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
5speed?
Old 10-25-2008, 05:10 PM

automatic
Old 10-25-2008, 07:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Eninge mounts possibly
Old 10-26-2008, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by 1slobalt12
Ok before i explain my problem ill let everyone know that yes i did use the search button

Ok heres my problem, While im stopped at a light (with the car on of course) sometimes i get really bad vibrations in my seat but then when i start to excelerate the vibrations go away and also sometimes i hear a little noise coming from underneath the car. i think the exhaust maybe loose, so i jacked the car up put it on stands and looked at it really quick and didnt notice anything so im going to take it to my mechanic on tuesday to get someone who knows what there doing to look it at it. Anyone have any other ideas on what it might be?
Motor mounts aren't going to go with anything that's not a lsj or lnf. It's an exhaust leak probably at the downpipe flange or at the flexpipe. Use a red light (preferably laser) under the car with it running and you should be able to see the leak.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1slobalt12

if you are catless and dont delete the rear o2 sensor, your car will throw itself into "cat over-temp protection" which will dump more fuel at idle because it thinks the cat is not working properly and its trying to save it. when it starts to give you vibes(more like a rocking motion really), just tap the throttle lightly and it will smooth out and not throw a CEL
Old 10-26-2008, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by theneelster
Motor mounts aren't going to go with anything that's not a lsj or lnf. It's an exhaust leak probably at the downpipe flange or at the flexpipe. Use a red light (preferably laser) under the car with it running and you should be able to see the leak.
Hmmm i dont have a red light or laser but maybe i can fab something up, ill have to try and do this before work today, if not then off to the mechanic it goes anyway and he should be able to figure out if its a leak or not himself. i hope lol

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
if you are catless and dont delete the rear o2 sensor, your car will throw itself into "cat over-temp protection" which will dump more fuel at idle because it thinks the cat is not working properly and its trying to save it. when it starts to give you vibes(more like a rocking motion really), just tap the throttle lightly and it will smooth out and not throw a CEL
Im not catless, so they aint the prob but thanks anyway.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM

well i just got my car back from the mechanic, he said that the exhaust was rubbing up against the body of the car in a few places, also was rubbing against the fuel line and wore away the wrap around it he said good thing i brought it in or i would have had a bigger problem and also apparently my intake was hitting the hood of the car.... Have yet to take it for a drive but hopefully its better then it was