Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Weird sound from front of car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird sound from front of car.

Hey guys. I've been driving my car while it's been making this grinding sound front the front drivers side. I thought it was a bearing. So k replaced it today, and after bolting everything back up, the caliper was tight! I backed out and the brakes were grinding while in reverse. Going forward, it didn't grind as bad. But the noise is still there. Sound like a bad caliper then and not the bearing?? I replaced the breaks almost 2 years ago and still have a cm or .8cm left on all 4 pads. Maybe I need something switched up somewhere

I have brembos but want to get them rebuilt before I put them on. Anyone know a good person for that? Thanks.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:43 PM

Bump, I'm stil getting a "droning" sound on the highway from the front driver wheel, and still getting a grinding when slowly pulling OUT of parking spaces in reverse. Basically reverse turning. I don't get the sound when pulling into spaces.

I Already changed wheel bearing. Nothing. Could it be an axle?
Old 10-29-2015, 07:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Go to an open parking lot and crank the steering wheel to full lock, If you hear a clicking sound while making the turn then your cv is bad.

Go on a road about 30-60 kms (speed doesn't matter really, You just want the corner to be hard enough to shift the body weight of the car to one side) anyways find an s bend or some sort of turn, If the outside wheel that is taking the corner makes a vibrating sound then its the bearing. (Also brand new parts do come defective it quite common it all really depends on the companies quality control)

The brakes making the sound is possible and a good way is to lift the vehicle and give them a spin in both directions and listen for anything and do a visual brake inspection. Also another thing that can help rule them out or as the problem.... Does the noise go away while they are pressed, Ride the brake and hit the gas if you have to while reversing.

I don't know how you feel about shipping or anything, But I do know John powell from powell racing can rebuild those calipers for you, But that would be pretty expensive on shipping so look local and leave him as a last resort or something.

Hope this helps, Keep us posted
Old 10-30-2015, 02:37 AM

I asked powell about them a month ago and he didnt seem interested. Maybe has too much work load. But i've done my research and will be rebuilding them myself. I just hope it's maybe the calipers grinding.

I think tomorrow I'm going to get underneath and lubricate my sliding pins first. But I do appreciate all of your advice.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Yea he is more than likely busy lol I know he was when I stopped by recently.

No prob man anytime, If you figure it out post it up to share with others if you don't mind