Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you guys think?

OK Heres the deal So my valve train granaded and the dealer had to replace some rocker arms, rollers, exhaust cam etc etc. Now before i brought the car in i had the smell of coolant in my motor also my coolant was low. Question is after a week they called me into say they replaced the broken parts in the valve train but than when i asked them how my oil looked and my head gasket they said everything is fine. I asked how do you know everything on the bottom half is right if you didn't change my oil? If the valve train blew apart what are the chances of pieces getting down into the motor? Also whould a tech be able to notice if coolant was in the cly when they were checking the valve train. it was pretty apparent to me since even the color of the oil was a yellow brownish tint. But i mean how could they just over look that? If the valve train blows up is checking the bottom half of the motor a basic step on the dealerships part if the valve train broke apart. The lady who checked in my car said that i said nothing about the coolant being low and coolant being in the oil but why should i? Even though i did mention it they should look for that kinda stuff right? Am i wrong here?
Old 12-21-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Darksun
OK Heres the deal So my valve train granaded and the dealer had to replace some rocker arms, rollers, exhaust cam etc etc. Now before i brought the car in i had the smell of coolant in my motor also my coolant was low. Question is after a week they called me into say they replaced the broken parts in the valve train but than when i asked them how my oil looked and my head gasket they said everything is fine. I asked how do you know everything on the bottom half is right if you didn't change my oil? If the valve train blew apart what are the chances of pieces getting down into the motor? Also whould a tech be able to notice if coolant was in the cly when they were checking the valve train. it was pretty apparent to me since even the color of the oil was a yellow brownish tint. But i mean how could they just over look that? If the valve train blows up is checking the bottom half of the motor a basic step on the dealerships part if the valve train broke apart. The lady who checked in my car said that i said nothing about the coolant being low and coolant being in the oil but why should i? Even though i did mention it they should look for that kinda stuff right? Am i wrong here?
so what ever came of this, cause i just went through the exact same thing and yes.how would they know if they did not change the oil