Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Wind Noise....after 4 dealer visits

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Freakenhye
I have had this to my 07 ss/sc and it was the sunroof not sealing correctly. i had it replaced but now the sunroof is not flush with the body of the vehicle when its closed. I got to take mine back for further repaires.
this is strictly for your information as I don't know how bad your sunroof fits............

Sunroof Window Height and Opening Fit Adjustment
Open the sunshade.
Close the sunroof window.
Loosen the adjusting screws.
Adjust the corners of the glass panel using the following guidelines:
• Adjust the front of the sunroof window flush to 1 mm (0.04 in) below the top surface of the roof panel.
• Adjust the rear of the sunroof window flush to 1 mm (0.04 in) above the top surface of the roof panel.
Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the sunroof window adjustment screws.
Tighten
Tighten the sunroof window adjusting screws to 4 N·m (35 lb in).

This is from GM Service Information.
They call this "shingling", it will reduce wind noise if it is adjusted slightly below the roof at the front. Doors are adjusted the same way for the same reason.
Dennis
Old 02-04-2007, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Gonzo2007
I have been complaining of wind noise on my 07ss/sc since 3 weeks after i got the vehicle. I have been to the delaer four times now and i still have the noise.
The noise is coming from the front pillar area, and does nto happen all the time. The wind has to hit it right for the noise to occur.
So far both door seals have been replaced, and the windshield cowl has been re-sealed. I am going insane. I ahve had this noise for 80% of the time I had my car. Any suzzestions?
hey man i got the same problem its so crapy mine is so much more worse then yours I havent had the chance to get to the dealer yet tho. But when we got snow up here in New jersey it was the worst thing that could happen I opend my door and there was snow all over the place from the seats to my floor it was really bad I was un happy but im dealing with it till I take it to the dealer best of luck to you my man take care.

zany
Old 02-06-2007, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by denniss
this is strictly for your information as I don't know how bad your sunroof fits............

Sunroof Window Height and Opening Fit Adjustment
Open the sunshade.
Close the sunroof window.
Loosen the adjusting screws.
Adjust the corners of the glass panel using the following guidelines:
• Adjust the front of the sunroof window flush to 1 mm (0.04 in) below the top surface of the roof panel.
• Adjust the rear of the sunroof window flush to 1 mm (0.04 in) above the top surface of the roof panel.
Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the sunroof window adjustment screws.
Tighten
Tighten the sunroof window adjusting screws to 4 N·m (35 lb in).

This is from GM Service Information.
They call this "shingling", it will reduce wind noise if it is adjusted slightly below the roof at the front. Doors are adjusted the same way for the same reason.
Dennis

Thanks Man. I will tell them this when i take it in. If they dont fix it i will. But thanks for the info.