Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Windshield whipers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windshield whipers

BAH!!!!

While driving home 1 in the morning from my girlfriends house, and in the middle of a ice/sleet/freezing rain storm, my windshield whipers deside to STOP WORKING. today i checked all the fuses, i noticed that the button u push to squirt fluid in your windshield does work, but the whipers dont move themself

i also noticed that the whipers and the button to squirt fluid uses the same fuse, so its definatly NOT a bad fuse.

anybody else have this problem? is there anything i can do myself because i know if i go to the dealer on monday they are gonna keep my car over nite...they suck.

any input?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:17 AM

ice?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by kyyankee
ice?
car is completely clean, and it stopped after working for 15 min a driving
Old 03-18-2007, 03:02 AM

wiper motor?
Old 03-18-2007, 10:59 AM

The same thing happened to me.I was on the highway and the wipers stopped right in the middle of the windshield.I checked all the fuses and they were good.When i put the wiper switch on,i could hear the motor running.I took off the wiper cowl and removed the wiper motor.The nut on the bottom of the wiper motor that turns the wipers fell off.I just put the wiper arm back on the motor and tightened up the nut and its good now.I put some thread lock on the nut before i put it back on.I think when i tried to use the wipers when i had some ice on the windshield,it backed the nut off.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ptrblkz24
The same thing happened to me.I was on the highway and the wipers stopped right in the middle of the windshield.I checked all the fuses and they were good.When i put the wiper switch on,i could hear the motor running.I took off the wiper cowl and removed the wiper motor.The nut on the bottom of the wiper motor that turns the wipers fell off.I just put the wiper arm back on the motor and tightened up the nut and its good now.I put some thread lock on the nut before i put it back on.I think when i tried to use the wipers when i had some ice on the windshield,it backed the nut off.
thank you for your input, i had read somewhere else that somebody had the same problem and that they ended up being stuck with a brand new motor that they didnt need, im not sure if it was you, but i will definatly look into it now.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by tremorz
thank you for your input, i had read somewhere else that somebody had the same problem and that they ended up being stuck with a brand new motor that they didnt need, im not sure if it was you, but i will definatly look into it now.
Nah,it wasnt me.It woulda been covered under warrenty,but i dont like other people working on my car.I dont trust them.Just turn your wipers on,if you can hear the motor running,the nut came off.Its easy to remove the motor.Just remove the wiper arms,and a couple plastic push clips,and the cowl pops right out.Its a little tricky putting the arm back on the motor though.If you put it on the wrong way,the wipers will go in the wrong direction before it wipes your windshield.I had everything apart and back together in like a half an hour.